Sleepy lamentation

Sleepy lamentation

A Story by Aureate
"

I woke up one morning and s**t happened.

"
I woke up with a start. As I sat up in my bed, legs tangled in blankets and sheets, I realized that the dark, dusty room in which I lay was my own and that the mess in the closet and across the floor were made of my own accord; the thought of getting out of bed to clean made me push my head back into my pillow, and I groaned and cursed inwardly as I thought ahead to my busy day. I wasn't even out of bed and I already felt defeated. Damn.
After about half an hour of quiet lamentation, I finally forced myself to kick the warm blanket off my body and struggle my way out of the embrace of my bed. After throwing on whichever clothes smelled the least dirty, I pulled my backpack out of my closet and, as I shrugged my bedroom door open, gave my bed one last longing gaze.
"I'll miss you" I told it, and I shuffled out the the front door.
The instant my skin touched the sunlight I knew that my day would involve a lot of panting, sweating and probably crying. I had a fifteen minute walk to the bus stop but I had lost all of my energy by the fifteenth step away from the door. I wasn't in any mood to walk anywhere or do anything. I thought about turning around and crawling back into bed to sleep my troubles away. And I almost did, until I checked my phone.
I scrolled through the notifications. Pictures my friends had posted, likes and comments on one of my own, emails that I will never actually read. Useless. I was about to put my phone away until I felt it vibrate in my hand. I expected another comment or email, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a text from my girlfriend. So excited, can't wait to see you the text said. I had totally forgotten about our date today. We were meeting up at four. I checked my watch. It said seven. That was eight hours away.
A warm smile crept across my face as I thought about spending my day with her. What was eight hours to me? Nothing, I could bear that. The errands I had to do weren't actually that hard, I could even finish early just to be there before her. The sun suddenly seemed less scalding, and I felt a new energy. I stuffed my phone in my pocked and ran ahead to embrace the day.

© 2016 Aureate


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Aureate
Hope y'all like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on April 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016
Tags: short story, story, short, writing, morning, sleep, bed

Author

Aureate
Aureate

Lakewood, WA



About
I hope you like my writing, because someone has to. more..

Writing
Unraveled Unraveled

A Story by Aureate


Triumph Triumph

A Story by Aureate


Suburbia Suburbia

A Story by Aureate