Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Joey's Night Call

Joey's Night Call

A Story by Austin Wentworth
"

Joey's father asks him to investigate a dead animal corpse that was found.

"

Joey turned off the television in frustration. He was disappointed that the documentary about Big Cats he had been looking forward to all month was inaccurate. He started to head to his room when the phone rang. It was his dad so he answered it. “Hey Dad what’s up?’ “I’m down at the police station and someone just brought in a dead animal that none of us can identify.” “Will you come take a look?” “Sure” Joey replied “But what about the Doctor?” “He is just as clueless as the rest of us.” “I will be down in a bit” Joey said. “Okay” his Dad replied and then hung up.

When he got to the Police station his father showed him to a dimly lit room with a table in the center. On the table there was a large furry animal that looked like a really big dog. Joey couldn't tell what it was.

He put on a pair of gloves and a mask, and started to examine the strange animal’s dead body. It was the same body shape as a dog or maybe a wolf, but its muscles were very strong. There was a strange mark on its stomach. He moved his hand towards the mark, and it started to tingle. All of a sudden there was a large thump and the wolf stood up and stared into Joey’s eyes. Joey began to run out of the room. The wolf was chasing him through the hallway. Joey was trying to figure out where to run. He turned around and saw the wolf getting closer. It was running way too fast for a normal wolf. Something was definitely wrong about this one.

He made it into a room and locked the door. The wolf was smashing against the door. He tried to call his dad, but his phone wasn't working in the basement of the Police Station. The only other thing he could think of doing was crawling through the vent that was in the side of the wall. It seemed a bit silly, but he was too freaked out to come up with another idea. He was climbing up and finally made it to the main room. He was yelling until one of the officers pulled him out. He told his dad about what happened, and his dad immediately took some of the officers with their guns to check it out.

Joey heard some gunshots, and his dad told him not to worry.

© 2014 Austin Wentworth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Austin Wentworth
Austin Wentworth

MO



About
I write for my blog Watched and Red, and I love writing stories. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5