An Unfulfilled Dream

An Unfulfilled Dream

A Story by Autumn

A blank sheet of paper. That’s the biggest fear for a writer. You just can’t find any inspiration to write. Your mind is blank and so is the paper. You think about topics to write about, you look around, observing the nature, the birds, the leaves, the rain, looking for inspirations. But you just cannot find anything. It’s been weeks and you’ve been writing, crumbling the paper and throwing it away. “Does this paragraph even make sense?” “Oh, the starting sounds amazing, okay, now what?” “Why am I even trying to write when I am terrible at this!”

You curse yourself. Throw your pen away and think that you weren’t meant to be a writer. The passion you had when you showed one of your articles to your teacher and she heartily praised your writing skills. When your essay won the first prize. The time when you read out a very emotional story to the class that you had written and the entire class was in tears. The time when a depressed friend of yours, got stirred, by reading your article, hugged you and said, ”Because of your article, I didn’t give up….”

You forget every accomplishment that encouraged you to become a writer and start thinking that maybe you aren’t just good enough. Maybe the guy, who used to tell you that you write stupid, was right. Maybe you should become a doctor, instead, like your dad said. You doubt your talent. You stop believing in yourself. You stop writing. And one more writer, who could give the world some of the greatest words of all time, dies.

© 2017 Autumn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017