The Lightning Knight

The Lightning Knight

A Story by Auxiliosophiae
"

A stormy summer day provides three children with a make-believe game of their own. (Not actually fiction but closest category)

"

It was a dark and stormy day, lightning lit up the sunless sky and thunder rocked the Earth. Two soon to be second grade girls and a soon to be third grade boy, were back to their beloved second home for the summer. In the room lined with empty cribs the three sat around a board game, while the ones younger than they napped in the other rooms. As a peal of thunder shook the sky they abandoned the half completed game for another. The two girls scampered under the cribs. Neither one was actually frightened by the storm’s belligerent commotion, it was merely part of the game. The boy, who had been left out in the open, joined the game as well; through some sense of childhood telepathy he knew the course that the game would follow. Standing he raised a sword, held fast in his hand, high above his head and exclaimed. "Don't worry, I'll protect you!" A flash of lightning, coming through the window, revealed his silver armor and glistened off his sword. At the sound of the following thunderclap the girls cowered in faux terror, while the knight in shining armor stood guard as their gallant protector.


© 2016 Auxiliosophiae


Author's Note

Auxiliosophiae
I would like to hear what you think. Personally not sure what to make of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on March 2, 2016
Last Updated on March 2, 2016
Tags: childhood, nonsense, lightning, knights

Author

Auxiliosophiae
Auxiliosophiae

About
I write a lot of foreign and historical fiction. I try to put in as much research as I can on the period and region, but if anything is incorrect tell me and I'll fix it. more..

Writing
Smoke Smoke

A Poem by Auxiliosophiae