When love just isn't enough

When love just isn't enough

A Poem by Avery

There is a man who loves his family. Everyday he goes to work to make them money. He always puts food on the table. He wants them to be happy. Sometimes he gets angry; he throws things, he hits things. Sometimes he hits people. He loves his family.


There is a boy who's father hits him. He protects his mother and his little sister. He loves them too much to let them be touched. He screams and yells, the violence never ends. He wants to kill his father for hurting them, so one day he does. He protects the ones he loves.


There is a girl who is in love with a boy who is in jail. She visits him every week and tries to plead with anyone who will listen "it wasn't his fault, he was just protecting them." Her father says that when she graduates this will have to end. She can't spend her life playing pretend with a boy who's life will be spent in a cell. But she loves him, god, does she love him. 


There is kind hearted man who loves a woman who's heart is locked up. She says that she loves him but she's constantly thinking of someone else. On the day that they married, she had to first make a stop at the penitentiary that held her heart to show someone else the dress that was supposed to be for him. They can't make plans on Sundays, for she is visiting her "friend" who spends his days rotting away in a place he won't ever be able to leave. In her free world, she will be married until death do they part. The entire time she had someone else in her heart.


So I disagree with those who say love doesn't exist, it isn't that at all. It's just that love doesn't equate to anything in the real world. 

© 2014 Avery


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014

Author

Avery
Avery

Canada



Writing
Inhabit Inhabit

A Poem by Avery


Sixteen Sixteen

A Story by Avery