Contradiction

Contradiction

A Story by Avesyth
"

All my life I had trouble accepting things unless they were fact,and in my religious family there wasn't much of that at all.

"
All my life I had trouble accepting things unless they were fact,and in my religious family there wasn't much of that at all. I had a mind to escape as soon as I realized what I had been thrown into,but as an eight year old the only escape I could afford was reading,and i had guessed the only book my family ever read was the bible. I was expected to read it as well,of course,only i told them i would after i finished the God Delusion. It was one of those condemned books,that the church would say is bad for your mind. My mother was a strong supporter of that and her disappointment was only motivation for me to read every banned book i could get my hands on. I got a thrill from contradiction,a sense of power from arguing,and my family and I argued often. Of course,it wasn't just my family,the whole damned town was on the same page,on the same sentence. They were all boring people who were just as offended when someone would disagree with them which never happened that often anyway since none of them left West Bank. They were content with the simple life they lead but i craved so much more. 

© 2014 Avesyth


Author's Note

Avesyth
Hope i don't offend anyone,I'm quite young still,and I'd appreciate any feedback(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014
Tags: story, fiction, religion, atheism, small town, craving, books, condemn

Author

Avesyth
Avesyth

Canada



About
You've got me,anyhow. I'm not good for much,I know; but I'll stand by you,Jo,all the days of my life; upon my word I will! more..