Creation of the Cosmos

Creation of the Cosmos

A Story by Avondale Kendja
"

This the the creation myth that will be a reference point to the fantasy novel I'm thinking about.

"

Everything comes from darkness, which pushed out the ebbs and eddies of the cosmos. Something turned in on itself and spread itself across the sky in a clean sweep.

 Still, from the very center of this Black flow flowed a green river, Nocvo, that cracked everywhere in clean thin streams, breaking through the darkness, just as how a myriad of tiny thin snakes dances forth from a single soft egg. On the topmost stream, froth billowed out into the skies and touched the darkness, pushing out a set of new beings of such beauty and grace that they were immediately named Prisamnadee (time) and Vaanek (desire). The former caressed the watery surface and turned everything around them sweet. Each had the energy that rocked the entire cosmos nearly back into the Black: Prisamnadee moved many things into order and goodness, but they were also able to create disorder and evil when she was provoked by her reckless twin, Vaanek. Vaanek was also capable of much good; they are purity and blithe about what should and shouldn’t be. They drive the cosmos and make it precious, while their sibling maintains it.

When they emerged, Prisamnadee quickly began to swam through the stagnant waters of Nocvo and sweetened it, Vaanek stared up at the darkness and saw something that called them out. They saw a benediction in the abyss, and smiled. They also saw how happy Prisamnadee’s eyes lightened and the playful smile on their lips, and so decided to jump into the dark.

            Lost to their twin, Vaanek sighed at how heavy the darkness was on their shoulder in comparison to the stagnant, but flexible waters of Nocvo, which were becoming white and blue and clear as Prisamnadee bent their knees and wrists and glided through them like a sturgeon. Jealous and bored, they sat back and took their member and started to stroke out pearly beads, and used the other hand to dig deep into their cavernous trap. Waving, pulling, rubbing and edging closer and closer into the darkness and farther away from their sister and Nocvo, Vaanek suddenly hissed as their member spit white streams onto the thin Black, and clear fluid from its trap splattered everywhere�"and so the stars were painted onto the cosmic curtains. A colossal quake shook from the topmost coil of Nocvo just as folds began to appear in the inky paste, Prisamnadee looked up at their twin and rushed to them before the small order was rendered to pieces.

            Once calm Vaanek showed their sibling their parts, which Prisamnadee had none; they quickly became envious of them. They tugged at Vaanek’s member, who cried at the debilitating sharpness, and refused to let them go until their sibling shared gave one, so that they both would have pleasure. As the one who saved their New World, did they not have the right to experience the fruits of their labor? Was it not fair and righteous for them both to have something good? They wanted the trap within Vaanek, demanded that they take it and present it to their twin immediately and Vaanek couldn’t refuse�"except, they knew a different way to give Prisamnadee pleasure and the trap at the same time. They would not need to go and hide in the floating darkness above them, said Vaanek. It would be better if they could stay under the waters of Nocvo so Vaanek could give it to Prisamnadee there. The light sibling agreed and opened themselves up, quite flexible as from all the swimming in Nocvo.

Vaanek quickly tore a path into their twin’s body with their member and Prisamnadee screamed into the soundless Black. They kicked and swung fists at the other as they fell deeper into the honeyed waters, closing in on the bottom. From their thrashing clods of wet earth floated up on the surface and five thick green spheres spiraled out of Nocvo and rocketed them out into the gaps in between the thin streams. There they spun to different speeds and patterns.

The first and biggest, gushed out from Prisamnadee’s own trap as Vaanek first fell on her, revolved rapidly and on its side. The second, made from the blood trickling from the wounds inflicted on Vaanek as their twin scraped their nails onto their back, rolled slower, but still very quickly as it tilted slightly, as if it were on a bird’s neck. The third, second in size, swept out as Vaanek spread their arms and slapped Prisamnadee’s round face, shaking to and fro as if it were teasing the sky. The fourth twisted as Prisamnadee twisted away from Vaanek, bringing her bent legs and arms to row away from her stormy twin to the surface. This one vibrated in when it was freed as Prisamnadee hurried to yell out for the silent river Nocvo, to the silent Black, anything to help her, but her twin’s hand caught her around her face and pulled her down with them back to the bottom of the river, where her bleeding stopped and she became numb and still. The last sphere of green came from the mighty crash that waved out around them and made currents that roe up to the once-warm Black.

Vaanek finally left their sibling alone to heal and shot out of the waters into the darkness. They scraped off a piece of the bottom of the head of their member in their rush to flee, and Prisamnadee fixed it onto the front of her trap when she could no longer feel her blood run out from her. Her twin had cheated her again’ almost no pleasure could be stroked, rubbed, or scraped from the trap alone.

In the Black, Vaanek refused to look back onto the river, so they didn’t see a small Black disc float to the top of the waters, saturated with the bitter tears of their sibling. Prisamnadee, however, could stare up from the bottom and watched the tiny disc expand and spring from its center, as if two mouths suck from each other.

At first she couldn’t understand what was so enchanting about the thing; it was ugly and wrinkled, latching on the sweetened waters she used to swim through. As she sat up and narrowed her eyes, the first thought came to her: it was grasping for life. It was so fragile, dark and looked so alone and she couldn’t help herself. Taking pity on the tiny disc she pushed her toes against the silt floor and kicked up to the surface, catching it in her soft arms. Plucking a few stars out from the Black, she dropped them into the disc and shaping it into a large orb. She drew two more circles from its middle; the two soft beings sighed in her arms and clung to her chest, each pulling out a small mound and sucking the summit. While one pinched the end in quick sharp delight with its milky teeth that made its mother cringe, the other pursed its gentle lips around the end, soothing the deep pulls of its mouth. Both quickly grew and became affectionate of each other and their mother, as she looked at them and made a home on one plate of the wet earth that floated up from her union with Vaanek.

 Golden Otaya (Sun) developed a trap on her own, the clever young goddess. She grew rapidly beside her demure, silvery brother, Dawa (Moon) under his gentle words. In fact, it was if he was the center of their tiny house, for while both her children were blessings and shone in her eyes, Prisamnadee saw too much of their sire and her estranged sibling in Otaya, and Otaya felt she could tell her quiet brother anything that troubled her. Otaya nonetheless grew so bright and bigger than her brother that Vaanek noticed a new light swimming out in front of them different from the stars and turned back to Nocvo. They inflated when they saw the children playing, their light touching the very Black and giving new flavors to the once-fetid river. But something perturbed their pride; how could they be so content without them? They glanced down at their smiling sister and tasted bitterness, deciding that the New World should be filled with such creatures they could call their own, since they knew that their twin would never give the two beautiful things to them. Why should their sister receive all the rewards when they did all the work?

Just as the hunter lies on their belly and watches its prey frolic over the bush, so did Vaanek stalk the young family and pounced on Prisamnadee when the small beings were swimming in the warm waters. They raised a fist over their head and smashed it on their twin’s jaw, effectively stopping her from making noise and took her again over a patch of dried ground. Leaving her to moan and writhe about on the unforgiving soil, Vaanek quickly jumped up into the Black when they saw two figures, fully grown, rush to them.

Otaya stopped and her quick mind took in the horrifying sight before them, while her brother rushed to wipe his mother’s face of blood and tears. He understood before Otaya put together what happened and dug his hand into the ground, pulling up a long root, stronger in sable tint and density than the heaviest maut and longer than tall Otaya’s form and offering it to his mother.

When Prisamnadee finally sat up, she looked at her two children, and they were frightened by the grim look over her face. Slowly, as the adult-children watched, she brought her left hand up to her right shoulder, and wrenched it from its socket and teared the skin apart with her nails. They tried to help her, seeing her black blood spill onto the bare earth, but she prevented them from touching her, instead she wiped her thumb in the swimming pool of blood and drew the zhati (damage) onto their foreheads, for she knew it made great power. A power and energy she hadn’t seen within herself kept deep within her womb, protecting them as they grew inside her while she fell to the bottom. The sacred siblings gazed at her; there was a fierceness they admired and a sadness that they desired to destroy, and that their sire had made.

She whispered to her only allies, her children. She gave Dawa the small knife made of the net made from some stars that she had plucked before their birth. From the tiny hairs from the root, Prisamnadee fashioned strong quivers from her sharp fingers and a long bow made from her pale limp arm wrapped in some of the cloth she swaddled her children in after she swam up to the surface for them. Her other, unscathed one sharpened the root from the ground into a spear for Otaya. It was time for Vaanek to be eliminated, before they destroyed the fragile order and themselves, so the enlightened brother and sister squatted and pushed themselves from the scarred earth and bulleted themselves into the Black.

They found Vaanek lying on their back and recovering from another tryst, this time with a new and willing partner, Raatenen (night), who seeped from the wound Nocvo inflicted from the Black as it had, once too, seeped through. When this being spied the bright Lucid siblings cut through the Black toward them, he collected his clothes and raced away. Vaanek never saw them coming: Otaya’s arrows pierced his skull and his screams shook the cosmos. They started to run, but where in this young World would they have to hide? What ensued was an endless hunt as they ran and their children pounded after him with raucous threats and blood oaths. Otaya’s limitless darts pierced his back, and each time they turned back to see how far they were from them, their forehead, cheeks, and chin until their face was just was swathed in blood as their Prisamnadee, their consort. The droplets from theses wounds splashed onto Nocvo’s surface, thickening and sinking down to the bottom. The sandy blood cluster then bounced off and above to the thrashing waters which Dawa paced on as he watched his sister injure their sire. A multitude of arms, legs, faces, and torsos began to form and floated on top of each other in piles, their brown skins varying from light to deepest darkness.

Dawa looked back onto these people and softly breathed his light onto them, and consoled them as they shivered with fright, but quickly looked over to his sister and ran to her to help. One of these sand beings stood tall over them and pointed out the edge of the first coil of Nocvo. The rest joined them and all slid down the stream. The same noble being ignored the first freshly verdant globe, knowing that this would be the home of the gods; instead they jumped off onto the fourth world’s waterless crust, knowing the others would follow them. There they advised everyone to quickly fashion their own parts from their silty figures and bake themselves under Otaya’s flashing light�"it was useless, for every time they dug deep and shaped themselves they would fall apart. They called themselves the tahulzhi (shifters).

Three more races emerged from the struggling in the Black: the baachtot (bruised children), the vaalin (the red ones), and the nameless ones that live in the Otherworld, whose name was stolen. The first, the baachtot, formed from Vaanek’s terror sweat falling onto the second greened-sphere’s thin dry crust, where they came together in one creature called Bathoaat. Every single drop of this terror, that fueled Vaanek to flee from the Sun and the Moon, was spilled in a chaos�"this is why the baachtot, and their zangh (symbiotic) form Bathoaat, are never able to stay together, nor apart for long. Their cheetaz (consorts),the vaalin, come from the cries of Vaanek; they shattered the crust of the right after their halves sluiced over it, so they formed an endless tempest of a landless world: Pazeenala (red sweat).

            Vaanek tripped over a cloth left behind by their absent new premeeb (lover) and fell, vulnerable to the wrath of the Lucid children. Finally, when Dawa pushed the knife made of their mother’s arm through their sire’s core, and out their back, it singed. Otaya bent down next to her writhing sire and pulled his face close, eyes to eyes, cheek to cheek, speaking abominable words that let Vaanek see their own pin of light and they whimpered. They plucked out their own eyes and offered mercy, and the siblings conceded�"on the condition that Vaanek no longer make a mark on their mother. They also demanded that their sire give their premeeb, Raatenen to their mother, Prisamnadee and Vaanek quickly assented, wandering to the Black blind and for the first time feeling no burden, and no weight on their shoulders and stronger than ever.

            In the meantime, Prisamnadee waited on Nocvo near a small four leafed shrub dappled with large, round green berries. The vines from this bush lifted to the bloody raw stump below her chin, and wrapped itself around it, healing it with its bittersweet liquid. She favored them immediately, and blessed them, calling it heai. The ground where her blood drenched through the dust and saturating it became soft and, hurriedly and clumsily as a crab shifts out of the sand, a small green bud burst. She bent down, whispered to it, and suddenly, a whole forest sprang up all around her, on all the exposed earth left on this new world that spoke right in the middle of Nocvo�"our world, Beaach (new world).

            When her glorious children dropped down beside her, they already knew of her creation and her choice to leave this world of her suffering to live in the first world the tahulshi forsake: Devaam. They decided to stay on Beaach, to purify it and make a legendary race unlike the results of the savagery born from desire. A new race, made from only light, and peace. Prisamnadee took Raatanenen to Devaam and made him her dekeaarm.

© 2016 Avondale Kendja


Author's Note

Avondale Kendja
any questions, please message me. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on July 24, 2016
Last Updated on July 24, 2016
Tags: novel, fantasy, cosmos, myth, creation