The Stars next to the sun

The Stars next to the sun

A Story by A'Zead
"

Sabazian Sortani, a 15 year old boy with a dream of being a guitarist and lead singer, finds himself center of attention to new student Maya Angela after she hears him singing in the library...

"
"Sebazian! I asked you a question!"
I turn my head away from the precious view overlooking the snow covered school grounds to the not so precious view of my 5 foot math teacher. "Its like I stand up here for decoration! Detention for you, Mr. Sortani. Mr. Crawford, would you please solve the equation?" I roll my eyes at Mrs. Datton. Everyone knew she favored Shan Crawford more than anyone else. He was nothing but a lazy pretty boy. If it weren't for his persuasive mother he'd be failing and held back more than a few grades.
When the bell finally rang, the class left to go home. Except for me of course. I head off to the library, which was on the basement floor. A few students sat around doing study work or using the computers, but other than that it was quiet and empty. In the back if the room there was a door labeled 'detention' with graffiti's of curse words and pictures of body parts scrawled everywhere. I push past the door and into the room. 6 or so other students were sitting around the large space. The teacher was a bald, broad, dark skinned man, who was currently sleeping in his chair. I sat at the far back beside a girl. I hadn't seen her around the school before. She had short strawberry blond hair pinned away from her dark blue eyes, and freckles littering her face around her eyes and ears. She kept her eyes on her desk, only looking up to see me approach.  A loud ringtone filled the room, startling the teacher awake. He pulled out his phone and spoke silently into it. "Stay here, and don't make any sounds. And definitely don't get out of your seats," he said to us, getting up and walking out of the room. Only minutes later, a buddy I jam with got up and locked the door, before going back to her bag and pulling out a ukulele. Her name is Jayda Angela. Her hair was short and dyed a dark purple, and her light green eyes were covered by thin round glasses. She was 2 years older than me. "Hey Bazi, wanna jam before baldy gets back?" She asked me before hopping on the teachers desk. Blushing furiously, I get up and walk over to her. "I-I don't think we should..." The girl I had sat next to said nervously. "Don't worry Maya, we do it all the time." Jayda began playing a familiar song and I began singing.
------
When the song ended the few other students clapped and whistled. Maya even looked impressed. But all too soon the door rattled and everyone went back to their natural positions. "Open this door right now!"

© 2019 A'Zead


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on June 15, 2017
Last Updated on March 12, 2019
Tags: High school

Author

A'Zead
A'Zead

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm 17. I write poetry, short stories, novels, books, and music. more..

Writing
Rambling Rambling

A Poem by A'Zead


Yearning Yearning

A Story by A'Zead