Desire, Longing, and Craving.

Desire, Longing, and Craving.

A Poem by A'Zead
"

I apologize if the definitions are slightly off, I am just trying to restate a point.

"
Desire
Having desire is to have a strong feeling of wanting to have or wanting to go somewhere. Having a desire for wanting to do something or go somewhere could have the outcome of never stopping until you either can't try anymore or you finally achieved your goal. One might have a strong desire to open a shop or go to a specific place, and do everything they can to do so.

Longing
To long for something is really really wanting something but you give up trying to get or do it before you can even make the attempt. A person my long for something tangible and expensive, but not having enough money for it and being too pessimistic to actually put in the effort to make the money to get it. Or maybe they long to go to a place or to be with someone. That person may think that they'll never have transportation to get there, or that that person would never want to hang out with them. But they never even give it a chance.

Craving
To have a craving is to have a strong feeling or really needing something (or someone), but in reality you just want to have it really really bad. The most common case of this is a girl complaining about not having a particular favorite snack. Lets say chocolate. She proclaims that if she doesn't have chocolate at that very moment she won't be able to perform her daily routines and schedules. Another example of craving is craving for a certain feeling. Maybe the feeling is of fulfillment. Maybe its a feeling of fun and excitement, or maybe they just crave a good movie. They can live without it, but they just have the strong feeling of needing it.

One may have a desire, but shouldn't have a longing. One may crave, but only to a certain extent.

© 2017 A'Zead


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked that you offered your own definitions to these words. Desire and longing for me, however, carry almost the same meaning -- only that desire somehow sounds more dangerous, while longing just seems more... innocent? Oh haha and craving always brings food to mind.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 14, 2017
Last Updated on November 14, 2017
Tags: desire, longing, craving

Author

A'Zead
A'Zead

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm 17. I write poetry, short stories, novels, books, and music. more..

Writing
Rambling Rambling

A Poem by A'Zead


Yearning Yearning

A Story by A'Zead