Reminded

Reminded

A Story by Aziraphale
"

Every time she looks in her daughters eyes, she is reminded of him.

"

 

When I look in her eyes, I hate her for what she reminds me of.
I’m trying to forget, I am trying to forgive her for having his eyes, but it’s harder than it seems. I fear that it makes me a bad mother – but her eyes are so much like his, and when someone scorns you like he did, you can’t forget it. They sparkle the way that his did. When they hit the sun they turn that same red-gold that his did.
I no longer know what to feel.
Every time she looks up at me, every time she asks me a question, every time she winks, I am reminded of what I have lost – but I am trying to remind myself of what I have gained.
Because, for every bad memory, for every fight and every lie, for every sob and cry – there is a new memory to be made with this child of mine. There is a new memory to be made, and I’ll try to make it with her.

© 2009 Aziraphale


Author's Note

Aziraphale
I know that this story is short - it's supposed to be. I hope that you could feel the mother's feelings towards her child, her ex-husband, and her life in general. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 7, 2009

Author

Aziraphale
Aziraphale

NY



About
My name is Chelsea. I'm a seventeen year old from the United States. I'm rarely seen without a pen close by or even in my hand - I write alot of things, mainly fiction, a lot of fanfiction, and so.. more..