Dragon warriors- A beginning

Dragon warriors- A beginning

A Story by Branden Stiles
"

A young man does not know that he is put to a test to join a legion of people that might change his life forever.

"

As the night fell upon the city, Michael just got out of a three hour lecture. He walked to his car a couple of his friends ran up to him. "Yo, Michael wait up" He turned around and saw a couple of his friends came running up, David caught up with him first. He was tall muscular, Black, his head was shaven for factory work while he was in college. The other was Adam and Jon, they were brothers, Adam was skinny dark haired guy with little to no muscle. Jon he was a bit on the short side but he made up for it in body building, “wanna hit up a bar tonight” David asked. Michael looked at them “no thanks guy's, I got a ton of homework to catch up on from last week I didn't do.”

Jon looked at him with disappointment “come on man beer, girls, and it's a weekend plus girls”. Jon said trying to change Michael’s mind Adam added “don't forget the men” with a coy smile. Michael chuckled at Adam “sorry guy's I gotta get caught up maybe tomorrow if I can get caught up tonight.”

David said as he started to walk away “I'll hold you to it man” Jon and Adam were not far behind David. He got into his car and put his backpack in his back seat, when he did he saw an old man wearing an all white suit with what seemed an a cane that was too white for it to be a cane. The old man and Michael met eye to eye for a quick second, but that second felt like an eternity due to the fact that either of them were not making any emotion towards one another. As he turned around he looked at his rear view mirror and he was gone.

He then started his car and drove out of the parking lot, Ten minutes passed when he was driving passed a bar, his window was down to let the smoke of his cigarette. He heard a scream from an alley, within an instant slammed on his breaks, from the little light that lit the alley he could see a male in his 40s and had dirty clothes. The woman looked like she was in her 20s with skin tight clothing. Michael quickly jumped of his car, he took off like a bat out of hell into the alley, as he got closer he saw the man standing over her trying to rip off her shirt within a second he got close enough to give him a hard right hook that knocked him off the girl. He said as he stood over the girl “Touch her again and you will be in a body bag creep”.

The man looked up and Michael saw he was balding, dirty clothes, and smelled the booze from the distance he was from the man. He was saw he was kind of large, he turned to the woman and saw she was scared and crying from what he could see her hair was long looked like down past her shoulder's it was still to dark to see what color it was he thought blonde. He knelt down next to her he heard her whimpering and grabbing at her shirt he tried to rip off. As he looked at her he said “are you okay” from what he could see he she was wearing a skin tight pink shirt, short skirt, and high heels. She gave him a quick glance and nodded her head weakly; he grabbed her purse and handed it to He with a smile. She almost ripped it out of his hands, he stood up and turned around to see the man was gone. He looked around but saw nothing he also said to himself “pig” as he looked around. He turned to her he knelt down “let me help you up” he said as he put out his hand and a smile on his face, she was hesitant to grab his hand, as he kept out his hand he said “I just want to help you”. She hesitantly grabbed his hands, he slowly pulled her up” we should go to the cops so you tell them what happened to you.”

The look on her face said it all “no, I don't want to go to the police I..I..I can't what if he finds me” the woman said Michael looked at her with concern. “He wont I promise” she still shook her head, as they walked out of the alley he saw sadness on He face he was also able to see her fully for the first time, she had bleach blonde, hair hazel eyes, she looked kind of petite.

She wore a skin tight pink shirt which was plain, she also wore a short skirt that came a couple of inches above her knees. Michael walked her to his car and said “at least let me take you home, or call you a cab”. She thought for a minute, when she looked in his eyes she saw his smile and thought it was genuine. She said with hesitant in her voice “ok, fine I live over by the college” he smiled “ok, by the way what’s your name, that’s if I may ask”

the woman said as she got into Michaels car “Sarah what’s yours”

“my mother is a huge catholic so she named me after the archangel Michael.”

she chuckled a little as he turned around to go back to the college he began to try to calm her down

“Do you go to college” he said in a calm tone

She nodded a simple yes

“Cool” he said a smile “same here, my major is engineering, I love to build things”

As he glanced over to her to see her still crying

She finally said “that’s nice, I just want to go home and forget about today” he gave her a concerned look as they made the last right turn before the college “look think about going to the cops, don’t let that creep walk free, next time he could get what he wants, how he wants”.  She started to cry “why me, all I wanted was a night out to have some fun”, Michael slowed the car to a stop in the middle of the street and said “I cant tell you why someone would choose you, the human mind is something that I stopped trying to understand that after I had my first girlfriend”.  All she could do is cry as he continued “what I can tell you is they never expect you to fight back, they always think that you will just want to let it go, that’s what my mother told me at least”.

She wiped the tears from her eyes “I’ll think about it, ok does that sound ok” he nodded his head with a slight smirk on his face “its better then a no at least; by the way do you live on this street”.  He pointed to the street that the car was still in the middle of still in idle; she shook her head “next one, first building on the right can’t miss it” he said ok and drove off to the next street he saw the building as plain as she said you couldn’t miss the building if you driving in a snow storm Anger in her voice he looked at her with concern as he said. Because it's wrong to keep it to yourself please just give me ten minutes to talk you into going to the police.” She sighed “why should I” he got out of his car “because, if you don't tell the cops then your letting him win”. She looked at him with a sad look on her face “but what if I do tell and he comes after me”. She said as she got out of the car, the two stood there opposite sides of his car, doors still open, car still running.

He thought for a moment then said “when something like this happens you need to be stronger then him.  My mom always said anyone can be physically strong, but it takes a someone special to be strong mentally”.  She was listening to him but looking off into space behind him wondering about his words, if she was strong enough to face him, wondering what would happen if she didn’t report him when he said “listen, I wont tell you what to do, I just think you should go to the cops because you can’t let him do that again”.  She shut the door and nodded her head, turned around and headed to the front door.

As her hand touched the door handle she said “if I do go to the police” she stopped not turning around at all but stopping for a second thinking of her actions then spoke again “ If I do go, will you come with me”.  His smile was noticeable even from her back turned, which eased her a little “of course, when would you want to do this” she turned the knob “come tomorrow at 8 A.M. and if I decide to I’ll be out waiting”.  His car door still open, he nodded and said he would be here; he got in his car and shut the door wondering what the next few days would bring and that tonight was something that he wouldn’t forget.  When he looked over at Sarah’s front door when he saw two figures standing on the roof, he stared at them for a good minute, shook his head, when he looked up again they were gone he said to himself as he turned the car into drive and drove away “keep on seeing things and people will throw you in the funny farm”. 

As he drove away the two gentle men looked at each other, the white suited man said to a red suited man who looked similar to the white suited man except he was bald with a scar going from his left eye to the back right of his head. the white suited man said without looking at the red suited man “he passed the test with flying colors” he said in a deep and strict voice, the red suited man nodded his head “yes, he did” said the other in a little bit higher but still strict voice. The two stood there looking into the street for a bit when they did turn around to a light flashing in front of the two elderly gentlemen, the light got bigger within seconds. Then it turned into a tunnel of light within five feet away from the men they started walked toward the light.

As the two men walked toward it there business suits started turning into shinning armor there canes turned into swords in sheaths as they walked closer the armor went into more detail helmets started forming on their heads, it was forming into the face of a dragon.  The back started to morph into metallic like wings on the back of them as they got within two feet of it a shield melted onto their left arms as they got with in one foot of the tunnel.  As they got within inches of the tunnel the white armored man said “I have a good feeling about this one” the red armored man said “as do I, but he still has more tests”. As they walked into the tunnel the light tunnel blinked out of existence leaving the roof to bake under the moons ray. 

 

 

 

....to be continued

 

© 2017 Branden Stiles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on November 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017

Author

Branden Stiles
Branden Stiles

OWATONNA, MN



About
I'm a writer trying to get better, I've always liked creating stories and giving them life. I only just started writing because i have always been scared about failing but i am tired of being afraid .. more..

Writing