IT JUST WON'T DIE!!!

IT JUST WON'T DIE!!!

A Story by W. B. G. Schreiber

 

Coker wasn’t the only crazy guy on the team. My junior year there was this one senior who was an amazing swimmer. However, he wasn’t the most patient of people.

This is the story of a balloon, but not just any balloon this balloon was full of sprite and pride and just wouldn’t give up. The night before was the EAST vs. North girls swim meet. A lot of pride was displayed by one of the teams and none by us. We had so little there were laughing at our lack of spirit, but that’s a different story. EAST'S major show of spirit was we had a ton of orange and black balloons that ended up getting left on deck after the meet was over.

The next morning when we were leaving practice and heading down to the locker room. On the way down Anderson grabbed one of the black balloons and brought it down to the locker room (not exactly sure why but its Anderson so yea) anyways Jake started boasting that he could pop the balloon by rat tailing it. Jake then proceeded to whip it and it didn’t pop. So he tried again and it still didn’t pop. Brian then started trying to pop the towel with a rattail and eventually it turned into a competition of who could pop the balloon first. Half their attempts didn’t even hit the balloon because it was floating on the ceiling. Jake decided they needed to lower it by tying it to a locker. Much to BJ's dismay, his locker was chosen preventing him from changing, unless he dared move into the path of the towels.

After about 5 min Anderson gave up because his arm was getting tired. Annoyed at the balloon Jake slammed the locker in an effort to pop it but the locker door bounced back slamming into the locker next to it. Jake not being discouraged easily kicked the locker door into the balloon and again the door shot backwards, but this time into Jake's foot further enraging Jake. Learning from his prior stupidity Jake grabbed the door and continued to crush the balloon in the locker door, but still the balloon wouldn’t pop. Hoping to help Jake, Anderson then used the door of the locker next to BJ's and attempted to crush it with the combined force. Yet again balloon won. For those of you keeping score it’s now Jake 0 Balloon 5.

Becoming completely enraged Jake pulled the Balloon off the locker and proceeded to bite the balloon. He sat there gnawing at the balloon and even trying to rip the little mouthpiece thingy on the balloon off. New Score Jake 0 Balloon 6. Finally it became so pathetic Red handed a pen to Jake to pop the balloon. Finally the BALLOON POPED with Jake dancing excitedly around and taunting the now shrived husk of its former self. Final Score Balloon 6 Jake 0 Red 1.

© 2008 W. B. G. Schreiber


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on July 2, 2008

Author

W. B. G. Schreiber
W. B. G. Schreiber

IL



About
I am curreently working on two big projects and am looking for ideas for some small ones. One of my projects is a collection of short stories that I call "Interval Impossible". The stories are mostly .. more..

Writing