Kings of Crash

Kings of Crash

A Story by BHZolo

"what is your name?" The paper was sitting in front of me, my pen just beside it and a tall man in a nice suit was there asking my name. "just put it on the paper, what is your name?" He asked again, almost as if annoyed at this point, but this was a pivitol moment in any agents career those first few moments of freedom, and the chance to become someone else. Choosing the right name determined your every action as Crash Agent, where as picking the name Daniel one would see you as a more sophisticated gentleman or using Danny some one would see you as a punk kid (no matter your age). Needless to say this was a moment not to rush. Marcus the man standing over me now, was my teacher for the past two weeks, training me in the basics of Crashing, I may not have been his best student but I was in the top five. "Hurry up and pick a damn name already" I could see he had better things to do. I stared at the paper for a moment longer, and with a grin i chose my name, I am Jason Cumnings.

 

--1 week later---

 

 "where's the exit?" 

"I dont know, you have the map stupid"

"Oh Kay, thats Rude, Give me a second"

I was driving and Stephen was shotgun, this was our first assignment out of school. We had just graduated and had to put all we learned to work. Choosing who drove or who picked the target didnt matter, as long as you had a good partner, for our first mission we were picked at random but we didnt mind. 

"how about that one?" Stephen pointed to a red BMW, it was a 3 series, not rare but would make for a good catch. I changed lanes to get behind them, traffic was light, so it was easy to move on the road. 

There was plenty of free room on the road, so i sped up faster, right behind the target car. I closed my eyes and put the pedal to the floor, i couldnt count the seconds in my head before the cars collided. The sounds of scratching metal the sound of screeching brakes, and the smell of burnt tires, the moments surrounded me, i couldnt imagin what went through Stephens mind. Well there we were a pile on the road, still alive. The guy in the other car, a tall black fellow gets out, as do i to look at the damage. 

"Im so sorry Sir" I lied

He was surprisingly calm, maybe it was because he had his wife and children in the car. In al honestly it was a pretty cheap crash, maybe seven or eight g's worth of damage on his end. 

"here let me give you my information" I handed him everything that looks legit, fake insurance, fake liscence, fake registration. And of course i gathered all his information. -WoOt, wOoT- The distinctive sound of police sirens. At this point Stephen had come out of the car, taken photoes of both vehicles, and takeing notes of everything at the scene. "Sir can i talk to you over here" the police officer asked me 

Here i dont want to bore you all with the boring parts, but i simply gave him my fake information and the Crash Club card, all emergency responders understood the significance of the card, or not it didnt matter, they just had to go throught the motions and make the victom feel secure that justice was being served. After all that, the Family was on their way and the officer left before us. We headed back to base, the front bumper slightly smashed in, but the car still worked.

"how was it man" Stephen asked 

"dude, how was it for you, i just closed my eyes and hit the gas" 

"it was intense, just every moment, getting closer to the car, f*****g intense" 

"damn, dude. I cant believe we're doing this for a living"

"i know right" 

We pulled into the dark parking lot, Exotic sports cars parked in rows and rows, a few of the cars were out, that just meant there were missions going on. Mine and Stephens stall was number 91, so we parked and got out, walking to the head quaters building. The main lobby was well lit, and a beautiful asian girl was behind the desk, this is Sue, the issuer or missions and eye candy for those gentlemen who would happen to be at the HQ at the time. "Hey Sue, how are you?" Stephen asked 

"Shut up Stephen, its not funny"

"What?" He had a dumb look on his face

As we walked away told him "She thinks your rhyming" 

"Oh.... Thats stupid" 

We had only been agents for a week now, and had just completed our first mission. So we headed to our Managers office to turn in the Crash Report. Our Manager was Dave, a nerdly looking man, a little older than us who had been in a not so good accident that put him behind the desk. He was missing his foot, just the right one. The worst body part to loose being an agent, but Dave wasent bitter about it. 

"hey dave, heres the Report" Stephen gave it to him

Dave looked it over, "BMW huh? Red too, well boys, good job on your first mission. Go get some sleep and we will get ahold of you for the next one" 

"Thank you Sir" We said in sync. 

Down the hallways and through the main lobby we were on the mainside of the building. Here I was not Jason, i was Allen out here i was a normal guy who drove a piece of s**t toyota, but on the other side of those door, i determined myself to become a legend. The King of Crash

"Hey Allen, stop with your internal monologue over there, i want to get home" 

-We drove Home-

© 2011 BHZolo


Author's Note

BHZolo
Please, Rate and Comment, Whatever you can do Thanks. I am writing more, just getting the whole 'big picture' together

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Couldn't stop reading it. An excellent and definitely a great piece =)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011

Author

BHZolo
BHZolo

San Diego, CA



About
Enjoy :) more..

Writing
1 : A look back 1 : A look back

A Chapter by BHZolo


Cherish Cherish

A Book by BHZolo