To the Gates

To the Gates

A Story by BHZolo
"

An idea of gods plan and a mans own plans with his life.

"
The world slowed down around him. He was falling, and by this point at an alarming rate. It is said that ones life flashes before their eyes before death, but for David, now almost at the end of his journey, i doubt he saw anything at all. 
"GOD" he exclaimed
"not quite god, but a messenger" 
"Who said that?"
White light filtered into the darkness, and I revealed myself
"I am Michael... No not the Archangel, just a messenger"
"where am I" 
"Its not like it was a surprise David, I mean you did commit suicide, there's not too many places you can really go, what were you expecting exactly?"
"I guess i really didnt think about it..."
"No, no you didnt David, no you did not" 
"So whats next, am i going to hell" 
"Thats the thing, Im here to deliver a message, the thing is i cant just tell you it... you really have to experience it, if you know what im saying"
"No what is this crap, i died, committed suicide what ever, give me my punishment"
"Interesting, no one has ever reacted like that before, was life so hard?"
"It was never hard, i just didnt have anything to live for, there was no point to it all"
"There is always a point David, always a plan, and tonight you are given a second chance, because as much as you think it sucks, you have bigger things planned in your life"
"Thats such bullshit, im not going back" And with that David began to run. He ran in no particular direction, but not for very long.
"where are you going David?" 
"Send me to Hell, I DONT CARE" 
"David calm down, you may think that i know about your life, but i really dont, i was sent to deliver this message, and there is not much we can do besides that, but i do promise you that at the end of it all you can make a choice"
He sat down, in the darkness and for a moment pondered a bit. "so is this like It's a Wonderful Life?" 
"Not quite, but great film, actually, im not quite sure, we will just have to find out, great film though" 
The darkness became warm, David was standing now and the stars revealed themselves through eternity. Slowly they began to move, and the movement became faster until David could no longer stand and finally we were on earth. The home of David and so many others. David was asleep.
"Wake up, Wake up David, its time to begin" 
"where are we... Is that..."
"Jessica" 

© 2011 BHZolo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

BHZolo
BHZolo

San Diego, CA



About
Enjoy :) more..

Writing
1 : A look back 1 : A look back

A Chapter by BHZolo


Cherish Cherish

A Book by BHZolo