Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice

A Poem by Bria Love
"

We've all been through some heartache in our lives. Love can be so hot and thriving at one point. The next? Hearts can turn cold.

"
I was addicted, you were my curse. I was afflicted.
Out of my life you go, you're now evicted. 
You can keep the key because the lock is getting changed.
You were given chances and no changes were made.
You took my heart and threw it straight to the ground.
I bent down, dusted it off and looked around. I know better now.
Too many sacrifices were made. If you had of acted right? I could have stayed.
I would have laid my life on the line. All for you (someone who is not worth my time).
Everything, it was just a lie.
Our relationship is now gone, I'm glad we died. 
Save your apologies for someone else.
You turned my heart an ice cold piece of steel. You made a monster of out of me.
I wish you could feel my pain. 
You made me want to self-destruct; a ticking time-bomb.
I now add this to my "Lessons Learned". And now this fire is going to burn.
"I Love You" that is something that I would always be showing and telling.
Inside I was yelling; however no one could hear me.
I'm forgiving, but not forgetting.
I'm tired of my tears falling, I'm tired of you calling. 
I can now care less; you were never my best.
I burned the pictures. The letters? Shredder
Life is now better. Go down this road again? Never
I warm my hands over the fire of the memories we made.
No more desire...
However, I'll burn it all in the fire
 -Bria Love

© 2012 Bria Love


Author's Note

Bria Love
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this one alot! The tone and mood of the poem fits in really well with the words that you chose :) Some of it was a bit choppy and didnt flow quite as smoothly, but nothing is perfect and it gave a really nice effect of how raw the emotion is. I REALLY REALLY liked the line ''You can keep the key because the lock is getting changed. You were given chances and no changes were made." The correlations between locks and changes was so good, I wanted to cry!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bria Love

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I poured so much into this. I just needed to get it out of me. I'm glad you liked it :)



Reviews



Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked this one alot! The tone and mood of the poem fits in really well with the words that you chose :) Some of it was a bit choppy and didnt flow quite as smoothly, but nothing is perfect and it gave a really nice effect of how raw the emotion is. I REALLY REALLY liked the line ''You can keep the key because the lock is getting changed. You were given chances and no changes were made." The correlations between locks and changes was so good, I wanted to cry!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bria Love

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I poured so much into this. I just needed to get it out of me. I'm glad you liked it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012
Tags: poetry, quotes, relationships, poem

Author

Bria Love
Bria Love

NY



About
I have dreams about being a rapper (I write ALL of my songs). My goal isn't to be ridiculously famous and rich; I just want to be heard. I love life and the people in it. I also play the drums. "There.. more..

Writing