Talking to Yourself

Talking to Yourself

A Story by Rise_From_Ice
"

A bit about the life.

"
"Nobody can hear you when you talk to yourself."
This is a lie. My father says these things all the time. He says I am always too loud, but then that I am too quiet. When I'd actually like him to hear me, he won't; when I am truly talking to myself, he hears me, and always has something to say.
Nobody can hear you when you are allowed to speak only to yourself.
You are silent when you lack a voice with which to speak.
You shout, but your struggle is always in vain; your words fall on deaf ears.
And then they jump to conclusions.
Since you seem to say nothing, you must feel nothing as well, for no words of expression have they heard.
But that is only because they refuse to listen.
Living here on Earth is hard without a voice.
I do not mean that literally. At least those who are dumb and/or deaf can sign. What I really mean is when nobody wants to hear you, they won't. They don't. And that, you see, can get quite perilous. But I suppose it becomes easier to do much more listening than talking.
Not to them, anyway.
To you.
Because I do plenty of listening, and seldom do I try to communicate with them. When I talk, I talk to me.
Or to you.
Because you just might be the only one who will listen.
So thank you. Thank you for caring about what I have to say when it seemed that nobody else did.
Love,
   Rise_From_Ice

© 2015 Rise_From_Ice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015

Author

Rise_From_Ice
Rise_From_Ice

MI



About
I love to dance and draw (though I fail miserably in any attempt to do either), but most of all, I love to sing and play music. I love to act, and my favourite thing to do is Musical Theatre. Of cours.. more..

Writing
Thread Thread

A Poem by Rise_From_Ice