Walking Away

Walking Away

A Poem by Babbette Francis
"

Even true love can rip your heart out.

"
You left me when I trusted you most. Now my only comfort is the sight of your ghost.

It hurts to love you but you cannot see the amount of sorrow you left for me.

I stand in my tears aching for one more day but you left me now I'm forced to walk away.

It's too hard to breathe with you so near but your absence has made it clear.

No matter how much I love you you'll never be back. Now I'm left here to walk away
... since you have passed.

© 2023 Babbette Francis


Author's Note

Babbette Francis
My fiance passed away suddenly in August 2022. It's been hell to live without him but I'm learning to pick up the pieces and keep going but I still fall in his memory and cry my eyes out as my heart bleeds. Rest in peace Robbie Dale Thibodeaux. You are forever loved and no one will ever replace you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am so sorry for your loss. You heartache comes out brilliantly.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I especially like the first line.

Posted 1 Year Ago


This rips the heart out. No need for metaphor or hiding emotion between the lines.
This just comes right out and slaps us in the heart.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 13, 2023
Last Updated on March 14, 2023

Author

Babbette Francis
Babbette Francis

Merryville, LA



About
Its been years since I've written anything on this site but I entered a story in a contest and would like to see what becomes of it. I guess we'll see how that turns out. You can say I'm new again an.. more..

Writing