It's Autumn Time

It's Autumn Time

A Poem by Dezaraye
"

Autumn is gorgeous!

"

Clouds hug the mountains and the first snow of the season drifts down gently from them. Leaves rustle in the wind, changing colors almost before my eyes. The mountains are dotted with vibrant reds and rusty orange, contrasting sharply with the evergreen of the pine.

 

It's autumn time.

 

The heater blows warm air into my face and I close my eyes, snuggling more deeply into my nest of blankets. I sigh as I wait for sleep to claim me once again and drift through my dreams. I am snuggled close and secure in loving arms and at last I can smile again, I've escaped the pressures of my life, and this moment is perfect.

 

It's autumn time.

 

I walk down the path watching leaves flutter down to the ground. With childish glee, I stomp out a rhythm using the leaves as my instruments. What a thrill the rustling and crunching sends up my spine. The almost empty branches wave to me as I play with their old leaves, saying goodbye to their dying children and anticipating their long hybernation.

 

It's autumn time.

 

God's hand has painted the world in a glorious tribute to the beauties of the passing spring and summer seasons. The air cools and leaves goosebumps rising on my arms and a smile in my heart. The sun begins to sink lighting the sky to match the paintings of the trees. I shiver in the perfect stillness as I turn to go inside, preparing for the winter ahead.

 

It's autumn time.

© 2008 Dezaraye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dezaraye, I was left with such a serene feeling from this write. It flowed well and had a wonderful calming effect. Yes, the repetition of It's autumn time, gave a renewing and comforting feeling each time it was read.
I really enjoyed this. Excellently expressed. A beautiful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The images could be of a land that is not known to the reader but painted with a clear stroke for a wide understanding, very nice flow and wording.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You could almost make me like autumn.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a beautiful write. beautiful imagery and great flow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahhh, that reminds me of home. though i guess home isn't michigan anymore. but i loved that story.

"The almost empty branches wave to me as I play with their old leaves, saying goodbye to their dying children and anticipating their long hybernation."

what a great description. saying goodbye to their dying children.
well written dezaraye

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dezeraye - you are so very talented at writing. Your descriptions are brilliant and I can imagine myself there with you skipping in the leaves. Amazing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As stupid as this will sound, I wasn't much for the description of the leaves as dying children. I picture them as food catchers which they will no longer need because of their upcoming hybernation. That being said . . . I LOVED THIS POEM. You have a great talent for taking descriptive writing and painting a visual scene that transports your readers to right where you are at that moment in time. I could see the lovely mountains, and the leaves on the ground. Feel the crispness in the air. It has been awhile since I had gone camping, and miss it so much. This story brought back memories, and didn't take a long time to read, which is another plus. Great job!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this, Dezaraye. I know autumn is one of your favorite times of year as you have made mention of that before. I love how you repeated, "It's autumn time" through out. It added to the piece. You have an amazing gift of expression and painting pictures of imagery that can be seen so clearly by the reader, which is a sign of a good writer. Not only that, there is an elegant flow-every time. I don't think I have ever read anything that you have written that was choppy. Amazing write, as always. So happy to have met you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Yes it is autumn. thay means my season is coming WINTER!!!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. You paint such a beautiful scene like looking at a still shot frozen in time of nature that just stop and would never change again. So that every one around could realize how special that exact scene is. I could see colors exposing into my imagination and i really wanted to be there to partake of it first hand.

Wonderfully Done!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"The mountains are dotted with vibrant reds and rusty orange, contrasting sharply with the evergreen of the pine."

This is my favorite line!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
15 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tango Tango

A Story by Dezaraye