Crescendo

Crescendo

A Story by Dezaraye
"

Let the music move through you.

"

A pulse echoes through the room and at once I realize that my heart is pounding. One beat after another, the sound reverberates around the walls. I close my eyes and open my arms, slowly beginning to spin. I feel the blood rushing through my veins, feel my heart thudding against my ribs, and feel my chest expand as my lungs draw in air. Frantically, I pull in one breath after another. The pounding in my chest intensifies and I feel out of control.

 

I stop.

 

The world still spins around me, but I am still. For a moment, I forget to breathe and my head screams begging for oxygen. Slowly, my lips part and I draw breath into my searing lungs. As my breath fills me the air around me stills and I wait.

 

A sound is born shimmering through the air. A new feeling surrounds me with its birth and my heart slows its insane pounding, softening for the arrival of what is to come. Slowly, another note reaches out and joins its partner. Rising, rising, and joining, they grow into many. As the notes wrap their loving arms around me, I begin to sway. The music caresses me softly and lovingly and my heart stills further, slowing to the beat surrounding me. I begin to twirl slowly, but surely, my feet lead me urged forward and around by the music. I am in its grasp.

 

Slow and sure, soft and sweet, together and never apart, we sway. Notes begin to fill me as air fills my lungs. I begin to fly. Tendrils of hair escape the confines of my hair band and tickle my back with their silkiness. I reach up and free the rest of it, shivering a little as it cascades down my back in a river. My eyes are closed and my body is in tune. I give myself over to the sounds.

 

I dance.

 

A bubbling begins deep inside of me and the notes become stronger. Still, though, their touch is soft and I lean into the comfort. My arms are weightless, lifted by the music in the air. Loving notes run fingers through my wild hair and fill me with peace. The bubbling grows and the notes echo in my chest as it builds into an explosion of wonderous sound. I am overwhelmed and tears slowly trickle down my cheeks adding a new element to the music crashing around me.

 

Little by little, the waves recede, pulling the remaining panic with them. The comfort surrounding me grows warm and pulls me more deeply into the moment. Soft notes continue caressing me, running fingers through my hair, and littering my face with kisses. In contentment I sigh, and lean into them, settling myself into the warmth. My eyes close and I am held in the arms of the notes as they rock me gently to sleep.

© 2014 Dezaraye


Author's Note

Dezaraye
I try to express how music touches me, but I sadly came up lacking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I dont know what you wanted it to be, but I believe it turned out wonderfully. I get such a great image of you being overcome by the music as you allow it to take over your body flows as does the music. I can see you slowly twirling around as your mind and heart are taken over by what is transpiring and you just let yourself be free to do so. Great descriptiveness, Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is absolutly beautiful. I have no words to describe the way this piece made me feel. euphorious maybe? But even then, I don;t think that word fits it quite right. I made a contest a little while ago about music and describing it, I think you could deffinatly win if you submit this. Its called: make me hear colors.

beautiful beautiful writing.
Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think this is expressive in the extreme Dezaraye, It is beautifully written and sounds like a love relationship without the hassles! You build this aptly and fill the reader with expectation and anticipation of what is to come and I do believe that is a crescendo! I don't think that I have ever heard anyone speak so passionately about music...
Gorgeous...really...kudos for a wonderful write...
Helen xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I thought this was wondeful. I could feel what you were feeling. It feels like anxiety that was then being comforted.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A moment "in the moment" in touch and in tune. This was beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Even if it isn't what you meant it to be, it's still very lovely. Congrats on having it featured.

It's very worthy. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Holiday ....

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is very beautiful. This reminds me of a friend of mine, she's practically married to her flute. Then again, I minus will be married to pens and paper.

As for describing music; it was created to describe how we feel. Try describing an adjective without using any other adjectives, that's the closest thing I could compare it to.

Loved it,
~Midnight Writer

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What an elegant expression of music and dance. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is very good.. I really enjoyed reading it.. I too love music can't live without it.. If I went deaf I would be ruined..lol.. Great write

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm sure there are so many emotions swirling around when you dance, that it was hard to capture them all here. STill, you've captured the essence of how music makes you feel and the surreal magic of dancing here. I imagine you dancing quite a lot....based on the magic portrayed in this piece.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Quite a challenge putting music to words. You did well, though...I've never considered music so full of life. What a unique idea...

Thanks for the submission.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

951 Views
42 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on October 29, 2014

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..