Spring Snow

Spring Snow

A Poem by Dezaraye
"

It's almost May and it's snowing out today ... and it makes me feel like this.

"

Hand pressed against the glass

Prints left behind

And smudged

 

Snow wafts carelessly

Falling upon the frozen ground

It's so cold

 

Wind drifts through the cracks

Lifting my hair against my face

It tickles

 

I shiver in the cold

And feel my heart beat labor

I hurt so much inside

 

Clouds cover the sky

And they cover the light in my eyes

I'm being crowded out

 

My ears no longer hear

My heart no longer feels

My entire self becomes numb

© 2008 Dezaraye


Author's Note

Dezaraye
Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine ... it's funny how the weather can affect me so deeply ... but maybe it was storming inside before it started to storm outside.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

no worries sweet one - though Spring snows can be the most depressing, since one is looking forward to sunshine and flowers and such - they never stick around very long. The sun will shine tomorrow - the grass will green and the flowers bloom. It is a proven fact that winter blues are real - our bodies are made for sunshine - they crave it. I hope this review finds that snow melted and some warmth returning to your heart.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's funny how weather affects us whether we realize it or not. On days when it's sunny and warm we listen to different tempos of music and interpret certain situations with more optimism than if it's cold and forbidding outside. The spring is coming, the light will prevail and the same will happen inside yourself. The storm will pass and everything will seem clearer in the light of the warm spring sun. I love the imagery in this, it's poignant and sharp. Great write,

PS thanks for all the wonderful reviews : )

Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That is a good line there Chookie...storming inside before it stormed outside...there's a poem in that alone, but I digress. You know the weather affects many people, there is a condition called the Winter Blues and it is very real because I have that every year! Grey skies...yes even here in sunny Aussie land!
It creates inner storm, no doubt about it. Shouldn't you be having sunshine? It is Spring there is it not? nicely formed poem Dezaraye...
Love,
Helen ;-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there is something beautiful about this, even through the melancholy...it is a a beautifully written, emotive poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh this one here emotes you well wonderfullly making the reader feel the way you must have felt whilst writing this poem... keep up the hope dear as the sun will rise and the snow will melt and warmth will be found again... sorry to have come so late i was away for a while.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely penned sentiments. Snow and cold are so unwelcome once we've had a taste of spring warmth...it's hard to retreat from the promise and excitement spring brings. This also made me miss the Wasatch Front. I loved trekking to the tops of the peaks in the late spring, winding my way up trails, through brilliant green aspen groves and budding wildflowers, onto melting snowfields in the shadowy drainages of Big and Little Cottonwood. Have you been to the top of Timp?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dezaraye, you have a real talent for showing both sides of emotional "feeling" as reflected not only in ourselves but also in the way we perceive our world outside. Beautiful imagery...it allows the reader to really feel the "coldness"...the reinforced image of winter in nature and manifesting itself through your body descriptions.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sorry took me a while to get to this playing catch up after a few days no internet.

I can relate to you so perfectly as the weather effects me as well. If I go several days with out seeing the sun I start to become depressed and don't really feel like doing much of anything. I think you captured that perfectly here. That overwhelming feeling of sorrow that comes over a person being trapped in a sense but something that is outside their control.


Great JOb!!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are not alone in feeling the blues. It is possible that you have Seasonal Affective Disorder ( SAD ) I have this and become depressed from fall to spring. Not severly. Some people call it the winter blues. It is the lack of sunlight that causes a drop in serotonin. The treatment is light therapy. or if really depressed they also treat it with Paxall or Zoloft. It's weird. My bones also ache when it is going to rain or the humidity is high. Thats from old arthuritis ( not spelled right )

Your poem is beautifully written and reflects how the elements can affect us.
Love your poem it's going to my favorites.
Thank you for sharing it witihi me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
XB
oh my I love it hun but please don't send that snow this way I have been enjoying the weather of 70-80. As always I love your writing keep them coming my sweet.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was very good. I liked the stucture and the flow. I thought how you related the snow to how a person feels was very good.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

594 Views
28 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on April 20, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye