I Saw A Butterfly

I Saw A Butterfly

A Poem by Dezaraye

A tightness in my chest,

I feel my head exploding.

So desperately I want for something more,

For something bigger and better.

 

Frustrated, I get out of bed,

Dreading the day before me,

Not wanting to go into work,

Because it's like hell on Earth.

 

Pounded by the demands,

Buried by the expectations,

Overwhelmed by the busy-ness,

And exhausted at my effort.

 

I watch the clock creep forward,

Itching to be out of here,

Wanting to crawl back into bed,

And sleep the day away.

 

At last, I walk out of the building,

My heart and head pounding,

Wishing I could escape,

Even if only for a moment.

 

And then ...

 

God reaches down and wipes away my tears,

And shows me the beauty surrounding me.

I look up, distracted from my rush,

There's a butterfly drifting serenely.

 

In the middle of the madness,

This beautiful, painted creature,

Reaches into my heart to remind me,

That there's beauty here.

© 2008 Dezaraye


Author's Note

Dezaraye
Sometimes the tender mercies of God leave me astounded. It's in the little things that He shows His love for His children. A butterfly reminded me that there is beauty in the world and calm in the madness. Sometimes when life gets crazy, overwhelming, and nearly unbearable, we forget to see what's around us ... and when God reminds us through the simple beauties, sometimes, it's the only thing that gets us through.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dezaraye, you are quite the poet! I love how you talked about a simple day at work and your disdain for it and then came your encounter with the butterfly! (And, as you can tell, I am a butterfly freak!) This is a marvelous testimony of God's love and grace for his people. I love how your poem flows beautifully without the rhyme.

Hey, I will w/b soon. Have been in the midst of organizing. We bought a new computer desk and put some shelves out in the garage and it has been a MAJOR ordeal because I don't have the storage in here now that I once did but I like it better. It's taking me a few days to get things in order, so my time on here has been minimal. Plus we are in the process of finding a renter for our condo. BUSY!

Anyway, LOVE the poem. Hugs, Me

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

And now I know why I found my way back. . .

I needed that beautiful reminder today. Thanks, sweetheart.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The beauty is in your heart my friend. Because of that, you can see the butterfly that many might miss. I will try to get back here and read more of your work. You have long been an inspiration to me and this poem is an example of that inspiration.
Donn

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

*Sometimes the tender mercies of God leave me astounded.*

Me too, Dezaraye. Bless you for your quiet strengths and for sharing these beautiful thoughts. I needed this today. Hugs sweet friend.

Tamara xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

reminds me of the idea of peace in the centre of chaos quite like the eye of the tornado. some times the est moments of life re to be found amongst testing times. i like the simplicity and yet the touching feel of your work

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dez!!!! I love butterflies, and like this piece, they make me smile! I absolutely love this. It is written with great care to show us that even with all the darkness there still is beautiful color in this world...like you :)
Very nicely done, sweetie!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a a beautiful piece of how it is always dark before the dawn... when we reach low points we must find faith in ourselves that we can climb that invisible rope of hope and find the sunlight again. Very inspirational work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Butterflies are creatures of air and freedom. They are born of the earth only to transform and be given wings to espace the ground they were once so trapped upon. They are such beautiful and unique creatures. In my religion the butterfly symbolizes transformation and change, and sometimes it is this subtle change that gives us hope for the world around us. Beautiful write Dezaraye.


Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

God's blessings are all around us. Showing us how much He loves us. This is a beautiful reminder of that. Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I truly enjoyed that piece. I think it was wonderfully written and has such a beautiful clamming feel about it. Looking at the world just a little different than the way most do, be caught up in the only focusing on ourselves and not seeing the beauty that dwells there around us. I am glad that you sent this my way. I appreciate it greatly.


Well DOne!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Isn't it amazing how you can feel so overwelhmed and then you look around you and you stop thinking about your problems and think about the beautiful things God has gave us.
You expressed such beauty
Great poem, thanks for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

724 Views
28 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2008
Last Updated on June 27, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye