Death

Death

A Story by Clar
"

This story I came up with out of bordem and my new love for horror stories. Please leave feedback so my next story can be even better!

"

I wandered through the forest, unaware of my current surroundings. The cold, windy atmosphere circled me, testing my bravery and strength. The dark and naked trees hung over me and covered my view of the sky. I couldnt tell whether it was dawn or dusk, but the way the fog wrapped around me further convinced me it was night.
It was somehow...comforting. The darkness and eerie of the night entreged my senses, my imagination. This was like a wild fanstasy. I decided to continue on, I was curious of what I could come across. 
The crunching of a leaf under me interuppted my thoughts and broke the disturbing silence. I was able hear my heart beating against my ribcage...faster and faster it went. I heard water flowing. My confusion cleared up when i realized it wasn't water.It was my blood flowing through my veins. These sounds bothered me. I wanted to get out because this "fantasy" wasnt as pleasing anymore. I began to run, looking for an exit.
My heavy breathing masked all other sounds around me. I couldnt find the slightest hint of an escape route. I notices less leaves as I continued foreward. The trees began to fade from my sight. Only to reveal blackness. Nothingness.
I turned around to go back only to see that the forest had disappreared completely. 
I stood, terrified and confused. I continued on, in hopes of leaving this nightmare.After what felt like hours of walking, i felt sand with every step. I stopped to make an observation. The sand moved. I couldnt believe my eyes. I looked around to confirm my sanity. All around me the sand moved. I spotted a grotesque--thing forming in the sand.Terror filled every inch of my body as i realized what was happening. Each and every hair on my body stood up. A finger emerged from the sand. Then another. Finally, a hand rose from the ground.
It was black, as if covered in ink. It had long razor-sharp nails. And long, dirty hairs. It crept towards me, slowly.
Another hand surfaced. than another. Suddenly, countless hands were surrounding me, reaching for my legs. I let out a blood-curdling shriek as the army began to pull me lower into the sea of hands.I fought with every muscle I had as hot tears stremed down my face. Each nail dug deep into my skin, every hand tearing at my flesh. They clawed at me. I felt immense pain. A million of hungry monsters burying me alive. I was shoulder-deep when my body paralyzed and I had given up. I sank faster and faster. I heared a voice; Loud, deep, and furious. It sounded like the Reaper himself. With a laugh he said to me. "Go to sleep" I released one last soul-piercing cry before i was completely submurged. I sank in.
I died.

© 2013 Clar


Author's Note

Clar
Any feedback is appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome stuff I really liked it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I very much like the concept, but a few grammatical errors drew me away from that. Often times you used the right word, in regards to its definition, but you might have used it as a noun, rather than the verb that it is. You tend to switch tenses, which can throw a reader through a loop, and you used a lot of commas where a semicolon would have been more effective.

You also contradicted yourself, saying you liked the darkness, and silence but then you called it "disturbing." this could also confuse the reader.

Overall, I greatly liked the piece. The topic is a good one; someone being dragged to their death knowing almost full well they won't escape. The imagery of these hands tearing away your flesh is gruesome, but, oddly enough, enjoyable to read. :)

-Harmony



Posted 11 Years Ago


Not bad. You have a good concept and you've used some very good description in the latter half of the piece - very visceral. I think the ending is a little lackluster considering the buildup it's been given, but that's up to you. Overall, good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 19, 2013
Tags: Horror, death, girl, monster, forest, black, nothing, suspense, beginner, pain, die, died, reaper, lost

Author

Clar
Clar

Pembroke Pines, FL



About
"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it." .. more..

Writing
Suicidal Suicidal

A Story by Clar


Fate Fate

A Story by Clar


Unbelievable Unbelievable

A Poem by Clar