Perception.

Perception.

A Poem by The girl with the rainbow choker
"

Perception matters. Don't invalidate without walking in the shoes they have laced.

"

I am from a mirror of elemental destruction, a split reality from your perception of fire and how i think of ice.
I am from the cerulean blue eyes of your forgotten time era, that consists and thrives today in those who do not fear impending judgement.
I am from the bland walls of the cage where my mind is a blank slate, where dark magic roams the dead memories of who you once were, and to be ivy again, you’re too late
I am from the screaming silence as the world around me reflects off of who i was and why i can’t bear to look down, as supposed to now.
I am from the pastel walls of the renovated home in which a family grew, laying down bittersweet for floors, and yet emotions and anxiety is how the youngest tore.
I am from the musty wood chips and the trees gleaming from what you believe sits in the clouds above where there’s an absence of fire or so you dream.
I was raised by the broken pine, long gone years before universes collided, visioning the broken needles, and long gone limbs, loving them like they are my own.
I am from raised ceilings at family gatherings, and from what is re-introductions to those who now sing, and the splinters from the wooden deck, held high and belonging to the mocha-stained house on the hill From mother and father, one sibling all of our emotions are made of clay
I am from the short hope of an ever-present anxiety lingering above what was to come, but that was unknown
I am from the “It will get better” and “Go to university.”
I am from the christmas music blasting as mementos are sorted, and vivid memories arise from their compartmentalized minds as white snow flitters to the grass, now icy.
I am from the pictures frames hanging on the wall, angel’s eyes staring back into my soul, energy being used trying not to make their fate my own.
I am from the smallest state, further from the city of light and a relentless emotion of manipulation where tall metal structures glisten majestically over the parisian horizon.
I am from the endless cassette tapes, small black tapes spinning as music now engraved in memories bursts from speakers.
I am from the blasting music of drums swaying into my ears, as black smoke arises from the once perfect memories now nothing but shards of hopeless glass.
I am from the beautiful petals of a rose, thorns still present, making something so beautiful, so violent.

© 2016 The girl with the rainbow choker


Author's Note

The girl with the rainbow choker
Is this deep enough?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on December 12, 2016
Last Updated on December 12, 2016
Tags: Poetry, depression, emotion, perception, thought, slampoetry

Author

The girl with the rainbow choker
The girl with the rainbow choker

San Jose City, NY, Costa Rica



About
Opiniones de Testo 360 Costa Rica: debe comprender el hecho de que una persona necesita 100 mg de Viagra genérico para satisfacer el deseo de todas las mujeres que desean la intersección.. more..