Prospects of time

Prospects of time

A Story by Ralphy
"

this is a comparison of time and intellect-It's the economy stupid

"

 

Prospects of time
 
 
What killed the dinosaurs? Their sudden disappearance 65 million years ago, along with at least 50 percent of all species then living on Earth, is known as the K-T event (Cretaceous-Tertiary Mass Extinction event). Many geologists and paleontologists now think that a large asteroid or comet impacting the Earth must have caused a global catastrophe that led to this extensive loss of life.
What killed the economy, hypothetically? The buying and reselling of loans whose values are liquid or volatile and over inflated. The market mislead by some deceitful marketers who embellished on consumers by delivering a twenty-one century pyramid scheme that create an optical illusion.  The overwhelming effect caused the credit market to dry up and banks to halt lending to other banks. The end-result reflects the consumer in a way that cripples them leaving many holding nothing and effectively causes chaos in a manner that leaves billions of people scratching their heads.
Unfortunately, the dinosaurs and their extinction was the inability to adapt to the changing environment caused by that alien rock. If they weren’t so busy trying to kill each other it might have been possible for their brains to heed the warning since rocks have been falling for millions of years prior. Therefore, their ability to reason hindered survival.
We on the other hand know why the economy failed, even down to the most intricate parts but yet we fail to stop its present course. No alien rock came from space, kicking up so much dirt, that block the sun causing extinction. No, not at all, instead deceit kicked up mounds of dirt that blinded us from the truth. The dinosaurs can’t even compete with our intellect but we still insist to follow them; the people that work so hard for their money will be crushed. That makes no since…to play politics with our money when we know that if this rock hits either the ocean or the earth we will be doomed. The dinosaurs could do nothing, so they died. If we do nothing we will die which will cause a good portion of the world to follow. Does that mean we’re no smarter than the dinosaurs?
 
 
 

© 2008 Ralphy


Author's Note

Ralphy
Dinosaur paragraph came from http://www.astrobio.net/news/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=158&theme=Printer

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting analogy. Is it really about intelligence, or about paying attention? If wearing protective eyewear, that dirt would not have blinded so many. But, we get too busy, forget to bring with.. you know. Caught up in the game... day in day out.

Funny word, intelligence. We only do what we are taught and told. I'm not sure... should that really be considered intelligence? Or are we really quite simple minded after all..

Great piece Ralphie !

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting analogy. Is it really about intelligence, or about paying attention? If wearing protective eyewear, that dirt would not have blinded so many. But, we get too busy, forget to bring with.. you know. Caught up in the game... day in day out.

Funny word, intelligence. We only do what we are taught and told. I'm not sure... should that really be considered intelligence? Or are we really quite simple minded after all..

Great piece Ralphie !

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's known as living for today and let Joe blow fend for himself. Does no one plan or care for the future any longer? Everything is disposable; nothing is cherished. Will we wake up tomorrow and find we have destroy the day with our greed? If mankind is supposed to be the intelligent race I say give it back to the apes.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think the dinosaurs were smarter and stepped out of the way when their time was up. Unfortunately those who let Wall Street get away with this will cling on until they are mutated out through the food chain!

;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2008
Last Updated on September 30, 2008

Author

Ralphy
Ralphy

Belleville, MI



About
No matter how dark life is, or how clouded, there is always a lighter side to itone that fills you heart with love and your soul with joy Im a complex person of multiracial background, about 5.. more..

Writing
Colorful Goo Colorful Goo

A Poem by Ralphy


The Canvas The Canvas

A Poem by Ralphy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..