A letter to my ex best friend

A letter to my ex best friend

A Poem by Peace Will Win

Hi, How are you? It's been awhile.

You were my best friend for years, we were basically inseparable. You knew everything about me and I knew everything about you. I never thought I'd lose you but apparently everyone else did, my mom knew we'd grow apart. We were to "different" she would say but I never wanted to believe it. I mean I couldn't imagine my life without you, 
Now 2 years later and I couldn't imagine us still being friends. We ended up in the biggest argument we ever had and never spoke after that night. Now i look back on it thinking how stupid that fight was, but everything happens for a reason right?We were bound to grow apart at some point, we just weren't the same people anymore and we didn't connect the same. We wanted different things and as the older we got the more noticeable it got. Everyone knew it, you drank and got suspended for having liquor in your cup and didn't think anything of it, i think that's where it really went down hill for our friendship, i mean we still saw each other but only on occasion, you were to busy for me and i understood that, i really did. But i think in the heat of the moment you started caring more about being popular and pretty than the people that stood by you since day one. And I'm not mad i mean i was for a long time but I'm not anymore, I'm just upset that you became everything you said you wouldn't become. And maybe us not being friends anymore is a good thing, i guess we'll never know. I know you probably don't ever think about me or how our friendship used to be but at times i do. Certain things remind me of our friendship, all our "inside jokes." There are some things I can't look at the same, and i wish things would of been different because you were the one person i trusted and the one person i would of done anything for. ill care about you and I only wish you the best but it's time for me to close the page on our friendship and move on. Goodbye. 

Sincerely,
Your best friend forever 

© 2016 Peace Will Win


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

such a shame to lose your besto in this way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1160 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 2, 2016
Tags: letter, best friend, ex best friend, teen, poems, story, friends, alone, sad, goodbye, miss you