other dark sides

other dark sides

A Story by Bala Subramanyan
"

He says it is allergic. but there is a secret behind it He have an addiction to computers. but he have a secret behind it she loves him but there is no secret in it.

"

 OTHER DARK SIDES

SRI: RIP you Ram. Funerals are very exhausting. But today my bestie crashed on a divider.  He is giving me pain on my knees. I was the one sitting beside him in his Nissan when he crashed the divider. Thrilling. I hate it when someone cries for others.  Then there is Priya. Crying crying crying.........  I think Ram's parents finally got an idea that both of them loved each other. Good for them. Priya suddenly noticed me and just closed her eyes for a little time. Trust me...... I don't know about that one. Ram has more family friends than I thought. Everyone just came there just to leave some salt water from their eyes and figure out what to eat while returning to their home. They'll just forget Ram's life and what happened yesterday.  I have a deep fracture in my right leg. Divya and the doctor will take care of me when I leave this funeral. Not to mention Divya will be chewing her gums and looking at me like some loser. I am not a loser but I am definitely a loser sitting in his funeral. I shouldn't go because he's my bestie. But I don't feel sorry for him. He deserves it. But Trust me!!!! I will cry. Sooner or later I will cry.
    

                     

YESTERDAY… Priya: He looked weird with that look but his beard looked dark and deep and lovable. I see him every day in the Shenoy Park with my Rottweiler. He don’t walk. But he will just stare at the pillar like a bug. It's been three years.  I'd have probably forgot how we fell in love with each other. Only vague memories. I always have a meanness inside me. That's the way I live.  Situations make it difficult to control myself that's what happened to me three days before. But I wasn't expecting such a response from Ram. He's never been this way. He didn't message me for three straight days.
   
                      It's the first fight for me and Ram. I messaged him that I'm sorry about that day and I'm dying here without your reply. I hit the buttons and waited for the reply. It had been about three days now. I hated that I am constantly checking his 'last seen at' status. Yet I couldn't stop myself. This sinking feeling to find absolutely no communication from him was becoming unbearable, almost torturous. And then, just as I sat down in my chair, my phone vibrated. With my heart thudding in my ear, I stared at the screen. Finally! It was his message. I nearly stopped breathing. I didn't know if he was joking or not. What was this?

"Priya help us.  Reply.  Trouble here. Utmost chaotic situation". The message came with buzzing. 
I knew this is someone else. This is not Ram's way of message or may be the panic stricken Ram.  
I got my heart buzzing just like my mobile. 
I called Ram. 
A Different voice said “Priya this is Sri. I don't know what the hell is happening here. We're in the DRG HOSPITAL please come over priya” the strange Sri voice replied. 
" Sri what's the matter? What’s wrong? Where's Ram? Why are you attending his mobile? Give it to him. We need a talk" 
“Priya we got in an accident. I'll explain that..................." after some disturbed voices "This is ridiculous......................... Get away“. He shouted and a lady's voice came over and ordered him to stop shouting. 
“Hello! This is DRG HOSPITAL.  We have two accident victims.  Ughhh......We just now found the mobile phone and got your number.  You better hurry mam...."

      It happened. An accident and this time the same hospital.  Ram, after that STRANGE ACT. He's completely different that day. He went along with Sri and got him in trouble.  He is an utmost disappointment. But I didn't hear any news about Ram. Is he serious?  May be....I got tremors at the very thought of Ram getting in an accident.  But why do I care about him after that day.  I don't know. My Tavera grunted and started rolling the flywheel in unison with the tears from my eyes...........making more and more difficult to drive. I got lost in my memory of that day. That strange day.

Three days earlier....... DRG HOSPITAL 
THE STRANGE ACT:
               MY tears are waiting for Ram in the hospital to explode.
"You don't worry about the blood Janani he's on his way“I gave a pat to janani.

A 60 plus came in a dress that priya never seen in any movies. Her name card read Preethi. Is she a doctor? 
"We have tried it out.  But the blood bank needs time so we better don't trust them. Wait Are you still wasting the time?  Look we give you 20 minutes.  After that the chances are less than 25 percent “she said.
I  replied “My friend has the same blood and he will be here in no time "
"He better be”.  I gave a small smile.

Janani wept" I told you this hospital is poor for such emergencies.  We should have tried SEGOS. "

“This is just an accident janani. You can't afford segos"

"Why the hell I have this sort of blood type” janani asked with a hiccup.

Someone touched Priya's hand. My brain creates a smile that went into my eyes and I looked up. It's Ram. There was a tiny drop of tear waiting for a small trigger to explode. He triggered. 
“Ram... Thank God. We have a problem.  What's your blood type? "
" O plus. Wait. Why?" Ram panicked. 
I knew it.
The lady came “Donor? "
" yes doctor he's the one" Janani tried to smile.  
“Wait!  What The hell is wrong. I don't give it. I won't ". Ram replied angrily.

“What is this?  The patient is dying.  I will arrange for the blood transfer.  You better figure out mam. I can promise you with 10 minutes.” The doctor went to talk with another weird dress. Yes this hospital is something sick and very wrong.

I turned furiously “Ram, it’s no play time. We have Janani's sister inside. She needs your blood.  There was an accident Idiot."

“Wait I know one.  Probably Sri has O plus." he took out his mobile. 
“We need it immediately god damn it".  I  threw his cell phone down and scattered on the floor. 
"Priya you should have told me before hand.  I don't give my blood. It'll easily develop allergies.  Come on see this place".

That was a direct bullet into my head. "You just go away. Don't you dare, just turn around".

“Look this is ridiculous“he touched my shoulder.  
I replied him with my hand. 
He fell on the hospital window and that made the place quiet and his mobile parts scattered .Ram turned around. 
He can't face me and replied to the window." You'll regret this craziness. You're so going to pay for this“. He left the hospital. Janani's eyes darted. 
"Where's that Boy?  Why are you staring at me?"
My words from my throat felt abominable. The doctor understood he's gone. He'll never understand some things, I thought. I don’t know whether it's a break up or anything. I don’t want to talk with him for the rest of life. Suddenly Ram's friend Sri came out of nowhere who Ram claims to have the same blood group which he has. I thought the situation now came into control. But what about us?  What happens now?

                      

THE SHENOY ROAD (WAITING FOR SIGNAL) PRIYA

Rain tried to peer inside my car windows. There was a red signal. I felt an eerie and unsettling calm in the car. I felt something going out of my body. The time read 8:15 p.m.  I still remember the Shenoy Nagar Park in Chennai where I met Ram for the first time sitting with fully covered beard. He once asked me "Why you don't create a dimple in your cheeks?” I smiled a bit because of that thought.
"No one creates it". That was a yet another question from him.  But
I just got a smile for that conversation. Suddenly I felt approaching figures from all sides. Each and Every angry face moving towards me. I suddenly realized that I A creating the traffic by an awkward positioning throughout the signal. Two of the fords kept beeping all over the line. I started to go straight into the hollow underground hole. 
Ram sipping a Pepsi and scrapping the leaves and kept eating I asked him “God! Why do you eat leaves?  Is that good or something? "
"That's my way to think seriously.... " HE replied.
"Ughhh...... Tell me what are you thinking?” I asked searching something inside his beard. He said something irrelevant to that situation. He asked me whether it is fine for me to donate some bucks for the cancer association. Of course I said yes. But what was the intention? I still don’t know.

DRG HOSPITAL.... 
I stumbled upon the gate and got a run into the accident and trauma section. I always noticed that unpleasant metallic smells the hospital creates. Yes, for the first time I thought Ram is right about this hospital. I found Sri there. But his legs were swollen abnormally. He recognized me with darting eyes."Priya priya".
"Sri where's Ram?" I asked looking at his already swollen legs and the big white fluid inside the injection which will probably enter into his abdomen.
 
The doctor shouted “Get out get out.  Don't you have sense? Don't talk anything to him."
 

I remembered the doctor that day. Preethi." What happened? Tell me he’s safe.”

“You just now saw him. He is safe and HEY I remember you.  That day...... it was a close call. Oh!!  I think god sent that boy sri. Nice kid. But he got some trouble in his legs. Don't you worry we’ll figure it out." Then she noticed something was wrong with me and stopped trotting.

"Hey anything wrong priya? Stop crying" she asked.
The voices are still distinct and unclear.
 
“Ram... RAM.... Help me please” I squeezed her hands.
She guessed something was going wrong.
 
“You just stay here alright.  I'll figure it out"
 

I recognized a old man from the hospital that day, still looking at my reddened face and told something to his child. It'll be probably about me hitting Ram that day. Sri called me to come inside his room. There was a severe blood loss. But he wants to say something. Tell me it was not because of me. He was already feeling a heavy dizziness in his eyes.

 I just stared at his face and asked "Please tell me it is not because of me "
"Priya I think it was a plan. "
" What plan?"
"Ram tried a suicide. I was just sitting beside him in the car. But he somehow figured I should be safe and crashed the divider."
A suicide.

"He kept telling to me that day like repeating something to me.' She doesn’t want to know about me.'   I just thought he was just blabbering.  But he has something about telling some matter to you.  Some serious stuff that he avoids telling you”. I hate his choice of words. If it is something then it must probably an unpleasant one. He says that he figured a way to safely commit the suicide.

Preethi came inside. “Priya there's a big problem. He have a blood cancer .I think he knows that .I think that's why he avoided giving blood that day. It’s very harmful for blood transfusion and the blood loss is heavy. Results will be maximum unfortunate. You better report his parents ". 
I realized that STRANGE ACT
. Words coming fast from my mouth.
Three blank minutes.  His last words still hissing in my ears. You're going to pay for this.
A nurse came back and asked priya “Mam, Due to an acute blood loss and blood Donor is impossible due to the cancer. Are you going to pay for Ram? He's dead"
sri saw me with a sharp eye.

 

 

YESTERDAY……OTHER SIDES

RAM: I laid down in the bed and a spill of tears coming from my eyes. I shouldn’t have said that word allergic….

“You doing good bro!” sri asked me. Hey you sick f**k.  

“I will be good. I just want to talk to her. That’s all.” I  said.

“Well! Good for you. So I have this tablet. It makes you get a good fast sleep. You want it?” sri asked

“Come on. I can deal with it. You first get a sleep.”

“Come on try this….”. something abominable.

“I said you to stop and go to sleep”

“Yaaaaa….. We have a small problem”.

“What problem?   Look we have a problem. I think you are really getting addicted to that laptop dude. I mean it.”

He just stared me with his still eyes. Vandalism.  “Alright!! We get to the point. I want your blood “

“Blood? What? Why?”

“I know about it dude. You have a blood cancer. I saw a file in your bag.”

There was an utter silence. “Oh!!!!!” I replied.

“Yeah and I know you’ll die as soon as possible and you can’t deal with priya and stuff like that but you can make good money with your cancer for your family and me”

“What are you talking about?”

“It’ll be a little difficult to tell but just come and check this out”

He opened an online blog “SPREADMYDREAD.COM” that background is just utter black. He logged inside it with a name smdcancercell111 and hit a password and his wall opened.

Many of them discussing about some things. Dark and dark everything is black and red. Some kind of a Gory website. He was added in a thread.  Spread my dread. I don't know these sort of things ever existed but it’s true. A blog for spreading diseases. I can't even identify the browser. I can also find cancer blogs. I read this.

 

ANNUAL SPREAD MY DREAD CONTEST:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

·         VICTIMS MUST BE OVER 16 YEARS

·         VICTIMS MUST BE GIRLS

·         VICTIMS should NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH THE TOP TEN POLITICIANS OF THE WORLD. (LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION BOX)

·         THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE BACKGROUND CHECK FOR ALL THE VICTIMS SEPARATELY.

·         PARTICIPANTS WILL BE HARMED WE COME ACROSS ANY FOUL PLAY

·         RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER A MONTH.

But sri clicks a link that took us to those gory and unsettling conversations. He stopped me and showed a conversation. They are giving a good amount of money for the winner. The winner will be the person who affects most of the people. There will be a countdown.

Sndaids2121: I just had sex with my girl friend and I think I did it. It’s my 2nd girl …. Feeling wonderful XO.

And then some photos as expected.

Jerryspreads2212: that’s a fine score bro. BUT I WILL BEAT YOU XO….

Sndaids2121: Let’s see man.

 

Things becoming clear after reading about sndaids….. AIDS….. he must be spreading his junk to all the girls by having them unprotected… gross . Beside this a lot of links about spreading cancer, AIDS and also cold fever. This is getting weird.

“Now I have an account and I want to prove myself by spreading the diseases so I want your blood. I can make a quick transfer to divya”...

Divya hates this idea. I don’t know her but sri is no big deal for her. “So you don’t want to live with her? You want to kill my and feel proud of it? Fake you. . You are going deep into something deep that you should never go. Stop this “

“I think she’s cheating me dude. Look I have to do this”

“You think?” I stared him with my deep eyes.

"Do you think I won't tell anything to Priya about your stuff?”

That was really a bad choice of his words. I wish he’d take back those words. His face turned red. “That’s what I am expecting. That already changed your mind. Now you're completely different. I can live without her man. But you should never live with this. Trust me you need some help. That's all”. I caught hold of the laptop and hit it against a wall “THUD THUD THUD……..” Until I realized it’s gone

“OH MY GOD. Get out. What have you done?” Get out. He started hitting me.

“Get out and get in the car. I will be coming down and taking you to your father. If you’re not going out I will swear to god I will kill you”

“Dude … you’re not serious”.

They’re on the way to his father’s house. The Nissan screeched it’s tyres on the highway streets.

SRI: Ram is furious.  This is happening. He will be telling this matter to my father. That’s a problem. i want your blood.  He shouldn't be doing this. But I want his blood. They will undergo a background check about the participant’s victims. But I want his blood. If it is proved I can win a big reputation and a good amount of prize money.  I just need his blood. I just need him unconscious.  I already got an injection in this car. Come on man just a small click. I can suck it like a mosquito. I have a strong arm and I used it. I injected the syringe and sucked his red blood. F**k….. He lost control…. But Trust me!!! I will surely win this contest.

         -BALA

© 2015 Bala Subramanyan


Author's Note

Bala Subramanyan
SOME DISTURBING CONTENTS.. I TRIED MY BEST TO AVOID IT

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on December 4, 2015
Last Updated on December 4, 2015

Author

Bala Subramanyan
Bala Subramanyan

chennai, tamil nadu, India



About
i am an irregular student who thinks to read novels and spend the rest of the life writing. more..