Why it Matters

Why it Matters

A Story by Don't just B, but B amazing!
"

Doing research for another manuscript closely related, I stumbled across a contest called truth contest. www.truthcontest.com It was kind of ironic, so I slapped this entry together in 15 min, ha ha

"

Why it Matters

Let us agree first that this entire, surprisingly short writing will be presented in complete layman’s terms. Agreed? Good now, what is the truth of life? The absolute ultimate gossip, gossip of which most creatures of the human variety will always ponder. Why, because human intelligence will simply not let us accept that we are NOT the ultimate intelligence. Because we cannot stand not knowing about things, we endlessly ponder. Sometimes a wonderful thing, sometimes not, like the variety of wonder that makes major breakthroughs or positive advancements for humans. Verses the variety of wonder that makes reality TV, or shows such as Jerry Springer’s amazingly popular. What a complete waste I say, the variety of that second type. None the less they are both instilled in every human one or the other and all levels in between.

Science

What is the truth of life? It has been wondered upon by science, religions, philosophers, mathematicians, theologians, musicians, and every type of human in between. A very brief look at science, which covers such vast and endless areas, will reveal the following. Why do bees pollinate flowers, why are the Everglade Swamps the oceans of the Worlds natural filtration system? Why do trees and plants perform the carbon cycle? On and on, point being we know the purpose for all these seemingly natural processes. We know the cause and effects, but we still do not truly know why. Why the circle of life keeps spinning, why everything seems pre-programmed to perform their functions, from animals to atoms. Adaptation and evolution, partially true I agree, yet the entire picture, I say not, with a good chuckle. Creation by one supreme being greater than us, quite possible, yet purely fueled by faith verses fact. Aliens, or more accurately described as, beings of higher intelligence than humans, also possible, yet faith based as well. The possibilities are endless, undoubtedly.

Religion

From the religious perspective, let us contemplate. Of the roughly 4,200 types of religions in the world, the vast majority are based on faith. Faith and the fact they were passed down through generations of humans. Beliefs taught in cultures to children from birth; beliefs that are pre-programmed into the minds of humans, by humans. Yet the majorities all share many similar common denominators. Such as, be kind, be loyal, be honest, be helpful, be productive, to stay strong even in the face of danger by faith. The list of similarities is virtually endless as well. The bottom line if, a big IF, the theory of one Supreme Being and creator is true, than shall we ponder this.

That this said Supreme Being, being of unmeasurably higher power and intelligence than humans of course, surely not know of diversity? Why of course such a being would know. Know just like killer whales are not best of friends with sea lions, baby seals, penguins, dolphins, and so forth. Surely this being would know then that Christians would not agree with Muslims. That Hindus would not agree with Buddhist. By knowing that these and all the other religions, as well as non-religious humans, would absolutely disagree on which is the truth. Wouldn't said Supreme Being create unique faith based beliefs for all types of humans? Beliefs that all possess these absolute similarities earlier mentioned. Of course this holds true for the oldest of known and documented religions to humans. The religions purely created by humans with some big bright idea, obviously do not apply. Such as dancing around with handfuls of rattlesnakes, or sacrificing other humans down a volcano, you get the point. Or if I were to call this writing a new religion, “Why it Matters,” it no doubt would be absurd to think such. Even if I did so and produced thousands of followers or believers, it would be of human origin and preposterous. Again just as science, the religious possibilities are endless, undoubtedly.

My Answer

Already, I hear you thinking? Yes, already, no point in quoting countless theories, or ideas from past human minds regardless of their genius. I mean the whole point here is a brand new answer or idea, correct? Let me proceed, although there are millions of other ideas and answers to ponder, I only have approximately 43 years left. According to statistics for my country the average male human lives only to the age of 84. That being said here is my ultimate answer to this question, “What is the truth of Life?” The truth of life is this; humans shouldn't care obsessively, period. Should we just give up on research, most defiantly not, should we give up on all previous theories, I think not.

What we should do is all dig deep into our very being, deeper into our psyche and souls than we ever have. We should ultimately open our minds to what is in front of our faces. Instead of being consumed with an answer which so far does not exist. Why waste energy on answers that will defiantly contain uncertainty? Why, when unproven components will always be present in such answers, as history has revealed? Instead let us a humans each surrender. I know I can hear all you tough guys and scholars now, surrender, never. Yes, surrender to the truth that human ignorance such as racism, stereotyping, hate, violence, obsession with monetary value, and thinking that our variety of humans is superior. These are the primary blockers of all human progression and well-being.

Just some simple examples, all Christians are not extreme Bible thumpers, all Muslims are not terrorist, and that all people who don’t act, speak live, and look like you are not important. We need to be accepting of each other’s beliefs and traditions. Do I mean succumb to their ideas or ways, most defiantly I do not. Come to an understanding regardless of mental ability, race, religion, color, nationality, or ideas, that we all share this star called Earth. If I do not agree with another humans ideas, than I surely have the option to remove myself from their environment. Should I leave only to condemn them though? I should if I wish to continue destroying the possibility of worldwide harmony.

One definite common factor that is present in all humans is love; another is human’s pre-programmed sense of right and wrong. Many humans have lost touch with both. Either by choice or by circumstances inflicted upon them by other humans. Take the most seemingly evil serial killer in the world, I promise you whether they admit it or not, there is at least one human they love. This could be a sick variation of love, example being, they love another evil human. None the less, they possess love. If every single human would dig into their self in such described manor as above. The ultimate big question would shift from “What is the purpose of life,” to “What is the purpose of not letting each individual live their own life perusing their own happiness?”

Instead to focus our energies and intelligence on making sure that our motives and ideas, and goals, are for the greater well-being of every human on the planet. By doing the right thing, asking when in doubt, holding out your hand when you see a fellow human fall, regardless of their beliefs or nationality. We should live in complete open mindedness, the exception being when other human’s motives, or actions, are endangering the well-being of many others. Yet, if every human would practice these ways, eventually in generations to come those exceptions would eventually vanish.

 

Will this ever happen, probably not as history has proven. Yet you cannot deny that theoretically if, big IF everyone tried it could work. You are addicted to drugs, STOP, you sell drugs, STOP, you endanger the lives of others knowingly for profit, STOP. You force people to believe what you believe or work to achieve what you think is right, STOP. You live like a king, while those around you starve, STOP. You let your ego interfere with the well-being of millions of humans, STOP. You stop standing up for love and the right actions, letting negative humans force your hand, STOP.

What happened to the Global Patriots that helped form this World civilization? When did we as humans loose our guts? Our willingness to give our lives to ensure good lives for all that follow. We as a whole become a weaker species continuously, rather than a stronger more peaceful and productive one. Selfishness and cowardice have taken over humans as a whole. Are you willing to die for the greater good, knowing it will prevent human children from having to experience such harsh conditions? 

The single reason this will never be accomplished is because we continue to be closed minded. We continue to let other humans disregard human life and happiness. We let such few people control the majority of humans, rather than the majority of humans set the bar, so to speak. Change your attitudes, and stop focusing on why we are here, and start focusing on making here wonderful, for all who come behind us. So quite simply, my answer to the question, “What is the truth of Life?” is, Who Cares.

Who Cares

Humans all have the need to know, some will obsessively pursue an answer to their graves. Some will have faith in something that lacks evidence or solid proof, just to quieten the wandering of the answer. Others will just simply not care either way, positive or negative. The bottom line is Who Cares! EVERY single human has the NEED, undeniably to know. We ALL even if we won’t admit it ABSOLUTELY must entertain ourselves with at least some form of an answer to this. EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING NEEDS SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN. Why not believe in World peace and preservation and let each have their own answer? Why not spend the energy and time we spend feeding our belief of the answer, and spend more time and energy BELIEVING IN OURSELVES. Believing we can undoubtedly control one common thing, an agreement to do what’s right, and what best benefits ALL humans!

 

What sparked my Entry?

It is actually kind of ironic how I stumbled across Truth Contest. I actually have just written a fiction thriller titled Unbelievable Purpose: who knows what to believe, geared towards young adults. I am currently seeking an agent to represent my manuscript. I was doing some research for my book. Since ultimately my book focuses on the readers pondering of the question, “What is the purpose of Life?” I couldn't resist after stumbling upon this site, in fact you might say it was meant to be? The World may never know. Help all Humans!

-BB

© 2014 Don't just B, but B amazing!


Author's Note

Don't just B, but B amazing!
Unedited, silly I know, but written in a hurry. I do not know why my font keeps changing ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Basically the same questions I have! Thanks for introducing me to Truth Contest! Great website!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 27, 2014
Tags: purpose, life, hope, inspiration, human, religion, well-being

Author

Don't just B, but B amazing!
Don't just B, but B amazing!

Louisville, KY



About
STARTED COLLEGE AND SUPER BUSY TAKING SMALL BREAK !! WRITE ON MY FRIENDS Brian B. 41 yr old male, wanna be writer, Louisville, Ky. I am a sucker for stories/poems of struggle and tough times, especia.. more..

Writing