Where I Come From

Where I Come From

A Poem by Lenard L. Banks III
"

This poem was inspired by: My life and Tupac Shakur's poem "The Rose That Grew From Concrete" I wrote this back in 2006.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where I come from the sun doesn't shine, and if you live there long enough it could cause the saneness person to lose their mind, where I come from only the strongest will survive, surrouned by abandon buildings, broken beer bottles, broken homes, broken spirits, and broken dreams, drunken wine heads and toothless dope fiends, where I come from money is seldom seen, the caged birds doesn't sing, and newborns are born with broken wings, see this is where I come from where every other block has a couple of bars, and people have 20/20 vision but yet instill have sight like Ray Charles, Where I come from a child is not allowed to be a child, and lingering darken clouds makes it hard to smile, so before you judge me share my shoes and walk a mile, but know these streets and these tattooed tears are forever a part of me, look at my ruff feet, and know that I am the rose that grew from underneath the crack of the concrete.

© 2011 Lenard L. Banks III


Author's Note

Lenard L. Banks III
This poem was inspired by: My life and Tupac Shakur's poem "The Rose That Grew From Concrete" I wrote this back in 2006.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like the ray charles part the most, good joint bruh

Posted 13 Years Ago


The images your writing portrays are shattering. This poem made me feel anger grief and even a pride in the man at the end(though that was not mine to feel). Simply amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha before I read the bit about Tupac, I said, "hmm... this piece reminds me of the great Tupac Shakur."

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brutally honest, direct and gritty. I like your work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on February 23, 2011

Author

Lenard L. Banks III
Lenard L. Banks III

Dallas, TX



About
The world with no love, creativity and wisdom is like human beings with no form of communication, it's like the earth with no forms of life form...no reason for existing. By Solo_N_Sincere more..

Writing