Harlem's Taunting Pt. I (2007)

Harlem's Taunting Pt. I (2007)

A Story by Baphomae

Baale Asylum, 3:00 p.m., August 19th 1975 Dr. Colt sat in his office waiting for the arrival of his long term student who seemed to stick by his side through out any class taught by him. The student who questioned beyond that of any questioning. Dr.Colt, in some ways, seemed to favor the student as the longing for answers burned within the both of them. He stared at the file that laid gently in his hands, slowly flipping through all the pages within it. With each page turning, he stopped to glance at his one bruised nail that had shortly before been slammed in his car door. His eyes then returning back to the file. The knock on his door came to be a shock as his mind laid so deeply in the what hides in the file. The student opened the door with a greet to his fellow Professor. "Good day sir." He spoke obnoxiously, always can he be heard. Adam stood young and wild like a walking tornado made in human form. The boy was anxious to learn something new, something that many find to be rare. His hair, silk black, and his eyes quite bright. The blue of the blind, but Adam was not at all blind, as his colour hid behind his light framed glasses. “Good day Adam” Dr.Colt greets him in return “and what are we looking at today, Doc?” Adam walking closer to Colt's desk, was almost in a sly manner, as if he was trying to take a peek at what the doctor was holding. “Today is the day where I will make your curiosity deepen into the depths of questionable knowledge that only God himself could answer.” Dr.Colt stood from behind the desk, still carrying the file in which his eyes struggled to leave. “If you will young sir, follow me.” The two walked down the hall, one right after the other. Dr.Colt expected a conversation as Adam surely could never stop with the talking. The two were almost to their destination when Adam spoke. “Why exactly are we going to the solitary ward? You've never taken me back here.” Adam stared at Dr.Colt, unknowing of what was to come about. “Im sure you will understand once I show you, but then again, perhaps not.” Dr.Colt smiled at Adam as he opened the door to the solitary ward, signaling with his hand that Adam walk through first. They came to the door numbered 6936. Dr.Colt tapped on the door, then quickly turning around to Adam. “Tell me Adam, what has been the main question everyone in the world is dying to know but yet we can not find answers, only simple guesses?” Dr.Colt held his finger up to his forehead, tapping it as if it were some kind of clue. “um.. I don't know Doc. What?” Adam looked at him with a face full of confusion. “There has been religion after religion based upon who is right and who is wrong. The constant questions we face is do demons and angels exist? Is there a supreme God and why is it he seems to be hiding? Do any of those at all ring a bell to you?” “absolutely.” Adam answered but still had very little knowledge of what Dr.Colt truly meant, but Adam grew curious by the minute. “Would you like to see something amazing?” Dr.Colt spoke with a smirk upon his face. “Is this really some kind of question? Seriously? Of course I do!” Adam looked at Dr.Colts smile grow more upon his old aged face, but Adam had begun to wonder should he have answered differently for he did not know what he was walking himself into? Dr.Colt opened the file he had been carrying with him. Searching through so many papers, he began to pull out one in which looked as if it had been slightly burnt. “What is that?” Adam grew impatient, snatching the paper from Dr.Colt's hand. “just look at it. Slowly and carefully. Digest everything, every detail of that paper. And then tell me what you see is 'odd' about it.”Dr.Colt stood patiently watching Adams eyes smother the paper he had ripped from his hand. Adam stopped, and brought the paper up to his nose. Quickly pulling it back. “Ew. Why does it smell like sulphur?” Adam looked disgusted as Dr.Colt laughed. “ When I first had to take this paper from the patient, her whole room entirely smelled of sulphur. Which is one of the main questions I have stumbled upon as we allowed solitary patients very little possessions. There is no way possible she could have gotten her hands on sulphur or anything of that sort.” “Wait, Doc. This writing, it's absolutely perfect. But why is it burnt?” Dr. Colt had begun to pull the paper from Adam's hands but Adam was not going to allow so as he had pulled away in a childish manner. “I cannot say but if you will turn your attention to something more interesting. Look here.” Dr.Colt pointed at the top of the page, and Adams eyes swiftly followed. “ 3 a.m.? So? What's the big deal about that?” Adams smirk caused Dr.Colt to give a slight chuckle. “Here in this asylum we specifically turn off all lights, except for the hallways, at exactly 10 p.m. In hopes our patients will stop with their screams and cries to sleep for the night. The sun does not rise until 6:30 a.m. So in this time there is nothing but complete darkness in the solitary ward.” Adam looked at Dr.Colt with much understanding. “Are you telling me this was wrote in the dark? But its perfect. There is no mistakes, no scribbling, no misspelling of words, nothing at all. How?” Now Adam and Dr.Colt stood on the same page. Chapter Two September 3rd, 1964 at 3:45 a. m. Harlem stood within the blood drenched cellar, watching the unknown creature pace back and forth among the balcony. She looks down to the floor, seeing the blood puddles were still moist and almost fresh. The stench lingered from them, piercing her mind . Where was she and how did she get here? The creature on the constant move, mocking words in a sarcastic tone. “ you will love Me again just as you had before and you will be MINE once more. “ The creature's form begins to horrify Harlem, with its thick black hair, clotted with blood, black smoke that seemed to recreated his image. A decrepit figure with sly movements. His face ashened with a voice so hollow. She said nothing. Constantly watching the creature pace itself into a frantic state. She felt a grievance from him. A mourning that she believed could not be filled. “ you belong to me and you will learn so.” the creature stops dead in place, glaring at Harlem with his hurt filled eyes. “ who do you think you are?” Harlem whispered in hopes the creature would not hear. He moves like light with smoke trailing behind him as he shoots down to her. “ I am the one who has been with you in all time, I am the one who has dwelled within darkness for your punishment, I am the one that you belong to.” The creature screamed in her face. His breathe full of death and his teeth stained with decay. Harlem jumps back knocking against the cellar door. She hears the chains rattling as the door clanks from her hitting up against it. Harlem looks deep to observe th creature in which stands but a few inches from her. She had begun to feel for the figure as it had seemed, he had been tortured. The Flesh around his mouth looked cut off as some of the shredded flesh still hangs off. His hair, not full but only in patches. She looks to the floor to see his feet were nonexistant as it was smoke and the smoke did not even touch the floor. She took a step toward him as she caught a glance at something sillver hidden within the smoke of the figure. She leans in to reach for it, when he shoots away from her, back to his blacony. “ expect me again” the creature fades from her and she is thrown from the cellar. Harlem wakes with her mind growing ever so curious. She sits up to look around, making sure she is back in her home. She gets up from her bed to turn on her light. She sees her bedroom door cracked open but she did not care. She began to feel something intense, something in her presence. She stood with her back to the unknown feeling, afraid to turn. She knew she was not alone. Slowly she turns and knew to look straight to her closet. There stood in her closet doorway, a shadowed figure, standing at seven feet tall speaking nothing and staring her way. Harlem screams soon to be heared by her mother. Her mother rushing in, she grabs Harlem. “ What? What is wrong with you?”Her mother bending down to one kneee gripping Harlems face. “There was this thing, it was over there! And it was huge with a slight hump on its back, its was looking at me!” Harlem became worked up in explaining the figure to her mother. She turns to look at her mother, seeing her mother did not seem to understand. “ In God's name, what are you talking about?” her mother stands and places her hands on her hips. Harlem could tell her mother would not believe her even if she dared to tell her of what she saw. “nothing.” Harlem turns from her mother to return to her bed. Her mother walks to her nightlight turning it on following to her door. “Good night. Get some sleep. You've got school today.” knowing her mother walked away, Harlem laid in her bed wondering what she had saw. But she knew that she must find out. The dream had scared her but was her mind just playing with her? Was there something really there

© 2013 Baphomae


Author's Note

Baphomae
This partial of a story was written in 2007 (when 17 years of age). No edits have been made, nor changes. An old finding, posted merely for the memory only.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013

Author

Baphomae
Baphomae

MO



Writing
The Author The Author

A Story by Baphomae


Arcadia Arcadia

A Story by Baphomae


Immure Immure

A Story by Baphomae