I Don't Believe in Vampires

I Don't Believe in Vampires

A Story by The Bard's Apprentice
"

You know not to say it about faeries ..... but what about bloodsuckers?

"

 

The tall dark man in the black long coat had approached the hooker mid-shift near her usual alley. But he had been playing too rough now for several minutes and she was getting tired of it. She pushed him off and told him to go.
“What? You don’t service vampires?”
She tried not to laugh. “I don’t believe in vampires.”
His eyes flashed wide. "Don't SAY that! Every time someone says or even THINKS, 'I don't believe in vampires,' there's a vampire somewhere who falls down convulsing and starving! If it's a psy-vamp, it usually kills them!"
She blinked at him incredulously several times before using all the air in her lungs to shout, "I DON'T BELIEVE IN VAMPIRES!!!"
He stood there less than a moment, staring at her, before his eyes rolled up into his head and he crumpled to the pavement convulsing and gagging.
She gaped for an instant. Then bit her lip and hesitantly leaned toward the writhing figure. "Um....Are...Are you okay?"
Suddenly his fingernails were digging into the soft flesh of her throat and she was praying the vice-grip wouldn’t close over her windpipe. He snorted contemptuously centimeters from her left ear. "You're an idiot," he drawled, sneering.

© 2008 The Bard's Apprentice


Author's Note

The Bard's Apprentice
Should this become a larger story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should definitely turn it into a larger story...I think it could be amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


yes this should become a larger story. this was good you should continue it. make it have many chapters

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nah like you said in your post-abortion story, it is what it is.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...this definitely has potential to be bigger. I want more!

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008

Author

The Bard's Apprentice
The Bard's Apprentice

FL



About
i've always been interested in written culture -well, culture of any kind. i am now an undergrad as USF studying Anthropology. but the Theatre was my first true love. i've been through multiple evolut.. more..

Writing