Mitch & Spike

Mitch & Spike

A Story by Rebecca
"

After Mitch makes a new friend on his 9th birthday, he'll see that man is dog's best friend.

"
"Happy birthday Mitch!" says papa.
"Thank you papa." replies Mitch. "What did you get me?"
"Your mother & I got you something very special this year!" replies papa. Mitch nearly jumped out of his trousers at the sound of this! He was so excited for his birthday party!

A few hours later Mitch's house was all decorated and ready for his birthday party.
"Mitch?" asked mother from the other room.
"Yes mother?" replied Mitch.
"Are you all ready? The guest will being showing up shortly!" asked mother.
"Of course mother." squealed Mitch as he threw on his favorite shirt and some nice pants.

Immediately guest started showing up. Mitch and his little brother James greeted all of the guest and showed them to the living room. Mitch was so excited to open presents. He couldn't wait to see what his parents got him for his birthday.
"Okay everyone." announced papa. "I think it's time to get to presents."
"EEEEE!" squealed Mitch!

Mitch went around and neatly opened all all of his presents and thanked everyone. Every present but one was opened. Mitch sprinted up to his father.
"Father, what about you present?" asked Mitch.
"Ah, you remembered!" replied papa, laughing.
"Of course I did! I couldn't stop thinking about it!" yelled Mitch.
"Okay, it's in the garage waiting for you." laughed papa.

Mitch nearly fell over running to the garage. All of the guest and family followed him to the garage to see what he got.
"OH MY GOODNESS!" yelled mitch. Everyone gasped in excitement. Mitch couldn't believe his eyes. HE GOT A PUPPY!
"It's a German Shepard pup!" replied papa. Mitch smiled the biggest smile he'd ever smiled at his parents. Then everyone started laughing and petting the puppy.

That evening before they went to bed James came into see Mitch's puppy.
"What are you gonna name him?" asked James.
"I was thinking maybe, Spike." replied Mitch.
"I really like that name!" replied James.
"Okay, Spike it is!" yelled Mitch.

Over the years Mitch and Spike spent many adventures together and learned the importance of friendship. They lived together in New York, New York for quite some time. Spike, unfortunately died at age 17 of old age, but his 4 pups still live with Mitch and his family. MItch will never forget his best friend, Spike.

© 2016 Rebecca


Author's Note

Rebecca
Please comment and give me some suggestions for future references and ideas! THANK YOU!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoy this short children's tale! It's very cute and loving. Showing the affection between a dog and his owner. I personally know this feeling. My dog, Jack, and I are very close and he means the world to me. I couldn't imagine life without him!
Thank you for bringing such joy and past memories to my face again!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rebecca

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I can't wait to work with you! Also say hello to your furry friend for me!
Kass

8 Years Ago

Will do! And you to your 4 little hairy pals! LOL :P



Reviews

I really enjoy this short children's tale! It's very cute and loving. Showing the affection between a dog and his owner. I personally know this feeling. My dog, Jack, and I are very close and he means the world to me. I couldn't imagine life without him!
Thank you for bringing such joy and past memories to my face again!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rebecca

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I can't wait to work with you! Also say hello to your furry friend for me!
Kass

8 Years Ago

Will do! And you to your 4 little hairy pals! LOL :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2016
Last Updated on February 23, 2016

Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

New York, NY



About
I really enjoy writing and constructing children stories, fictional stories, short stories, and mysteries. Please if you have any comments, suggestions, questions , etc. Please contact me! more..