When I was little

When I was little

A Poem by HeartBound

When I finally get to heaven I’ll see her smiling face, telling me welcome home and she will take me to her house just like she did when she was here and if I tear shall fall she will say don’t worry grandma’s here, and everything will be ok. She will know just what to cook because she knew me like a book, she will know just what drinks to have because she went shopping herself.

She’s going to smile when I turn on the TV knowing that I can’t live without it, the remote will have fresh batteries and all my music will be in there because she heard it so loud every day, she will be surprised when I turn everything off just to sit by her because I hate the quiet, but when my arms go out for a hug she will laugh and pull me into her arms like it used to be.

When it gets dark she will tuck me into bed even though I’m to old but I’m her grandbaby and she wants to make sure that I’m comfortable, and she will sing for me because I love her voice and my words will soon match hers because I love to sing with her, her favorite song will surround the house in perfect harmony, and when I fall asleep she will tuck my hair behind my hear and whispers that she loves me and a gentle kiss to my forehead before she walks out the door.

The next day we will walk around like we haven’t done since I was little and she will race me to the next street because she loves to run, we will look at the scenery because she loves all the flowers and tells me to remember the names and colors for her garden later and I’ll smile and shake my head yes because I know her garden will soon be beautiful just like when I was little.

But for now on earth is where I stay until one day I can hear her voice and see her smile because she loves me so much, and for now she will watch over me smiling as she goes shopping for my favorite food, and all my favorite drinks and making sure my music right because I love to sing, for now all I can do is dream until the day I can hear her voice and see her smile and remember all the names and colors of the flowers, and until I can once again sing with her with all her favorite songs, and then I’ll be able to turn off the TV like I should of when I was little and be able to hug her and smile, and when its time for bed I can wait until she thinks I’m asleep to hear her say I love you and kiss my forehead, just like when I was little.

© 2008 HeartBound


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Marvelous thoughts. My grandmother died suddenly when I was still young, and I always regretted not being able to tell her some things. But somehow, they family members have a tendency to excuse our mistakes. And as you say, she's just making it ready for the time we are reunited.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2008

Author

HeartBound
HeartBound

tulare, CA



About
im funny hyper and love to write more..

Writing
Him Him

A Poem by HeartBound


Mountains Mountains

A Poem by HeartBound