Fighter

Fighter

A Poem by Elephant
"

We can all be a fighter

"

Engrossed in the theme of the song; tied down by heartache as the words penetrate and touch the soul. Lied to and shamed, battered and blamed; tired of the fight, as nothing seems right. Broken and torn, as the melody meets the harmonic tune; speaking directly to me, the words my story, lost and scarred. Triumphant, I intended, but weak I seemed; my life the image of perfection, however, nobody could see the tears. A liar I am, I should be mocked and shamed, I said everything was alright, fine I was, but with no contest, belief was made and I continued on with life, hiding every inch of pain. Forever maybe, I was told my life may be, ravaged by pain, guilt and sadness, with nothing to gain. A conquest was built, that I would tear down all failure; creating a world I was proud of, where I wouldn’t be put to shame; but little by little, myself torn away, as I swept myself away from happiness, love and joy. So, as I lay hear, listening to the sound of the song, the beat touching my heart, and the lyrics reaching my soul; doubt rushes over me, as I detest my ability to make a change, to reach a goal; for is my dream to large, to demanding to tall; will I ever make a difference at all?

© 2018 Elephant


Author's Note

Elephant
Please, I await your feedback

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on February 10, 2018
Last Updated on February 10, 2018

Author

Elephant
Elephant

Australia



About
I am 17 years old and in year 12 at school. I have a passion for music (I play piano and clarinet) and writing. I dream of becoming a doctor and going on missionaries in Africa. My biggest ambition is.. more..

Writing
Equals Equals

A Poem by Elephant


Balance Balance

A Poem by Elephant