Hyde

Hyde

A Poem by Alicia Hirshey
"

There is no need....

"

This monster inside

Thrashing, ripping

Leaving distruction behind

Torn apart spirits

Empty dreams

Reality is escaping

Everything is unclean

Depression is raining

Meldewing the seams

An empty gesture

Thoughts still unclear

What is left

Besides endless fear

Hiding from nothing

To many would seem

Turning inside

My horrors ring true

What is left

Haunting memories

Of you

Dragging helplessly

Thoughts a fit

Nothing is left

There is no coming out of it

 

 

 

© 2012 Alicia Hirshey


Author's Note

Alicia Hirshey
In light of events that happened within the last year, I am surprised that I am even able to tap inside to come up with anything worth reading. This depression doesn't seem to be shaking free. I just keep going deeper and deeper and there is nothing that can stop it. It's over taken thoughts, dreams, and my life. Maybe I am wrong and it is nothing, but with everything it seems like a big something. I don't know how to explain how he triggered this part of me. But with the heartbreak and betrayl and everything else I feel like maybe it was my fault and I did everything wrong for this to end up the way that it has. Close friends have sensed it, but none have taken the time to ask or even try to get to the bottom of it. After I have tried so hard to help everybody for everything I kinda thought that maybe they would be able to at least try to help me through. But I was wrong, again I am left to face everything alone. I don't really know what made me think that anybody cared. I really just don't know much of anything anymore, except this monster that used to be me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is what depression will often do if left unchecked. It has happened to me a few times, ive lost good friends and even a girlfriend from letting it turn me into a monster. And each time that happens I regain hold of myself only after the damage is too far done to fix. So I just move on even though I am still haunted by the memories. It is of utmost importance to keep yourself in check and actually take note of It when people suddenly start getting along with you horrible. More often than not, it really is you even though it's hard to see. Well actually, not entirely you but another monster rising that you can fix and get rid of if caught early. Because if you don't catch it in time it will be too late. That's what I've learned from my history of those mistakes. It feels horrible to lose someone close to you by your own hands all because of some monster hiding inside that no one else can see. Like a puppet. With that, your mirror can become your best friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have depression too. Feel free to talk to me if you need advice or a shoulder to cry on or anything.
I love this poem; it sums depression up really well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


depression is a teacher learn from it,
but soon the teacher leaves the student
unless you stalk it
or unless it stalks you
depression is beautiful everything is
if your enjoying the view
Edet Sira Rambling Poetry
i fell in love many times and depression
didnt sign the divorce papers
but i am so happy that love itself is my partner

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have to be interactive. You have to keep fighting back at this reality that you are creating for yourself. Put more trust and confidence in yourself and less in other around you. I do however think that poem was powerfully portrayed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012

Author

Alicia Hirshey
Alicia Hirshey

Hartford City, IN



About
Short&&to the point -Aliciaa//Smitten//Mother more..

Writing