Hunter Delevaga

Hunter Delevaga

A Story by Skyler Warren
"

A young women's family was murdered while she slept as a child, and she wanted to know why. But no human committed the crime.

"

"Could someone pass the potatoes?” She asked. Her father obliged and handed the white bowl of homemade mash potatoes to his wife to pass down to his only daughter. “Thanks.” She smiled and helped herself and piled a mountain of yellowish white onto her plate. “Now, Hunter that’s enough. You’re not going to have room for dessert.” Her mother scolded. Hunter looked up with a guilty smile. She really liked mash potatoes. They went with everything, but she knew her mother was right. She usually was. Hunter passed the bowl back down the line and her father set it back in the center.

                  Screams could be heard from the length of the hallway. Hunter shot out of her bed and sprinted down the hall. “Mom!” She yelled. She jumped through the door of her parent’s room. Her mother and father lay tucked underneath the flower printed comforter, blood pouring a neat thin line at their necks. “Mom, dad!” She screamed looking down at them, putting a shaking finger to each of their necks. They were already gone. She ran down the halls to each of her brothers. Both looked the same as her parents. Her entire family had been murdered, while harmlessly sleeping in their beds. Their home had been invaded.      

                  Hunter walked down the hall of the house, a month after her family’s grizzly death. She aimlessly walked into the room where her father had kept the small caliber hand gun he used for small game hunting. He hadn’t been out in a long time. The gun was locked up inside a box. Hunter without conscious thought took off her night shirt and wrapped it around her fist and punched the glass, hearing it shatter, she pulled out the .9 mill and held it tightly in her clammy hands.

                  Hunter stared down the cite of a sawed-off double barrel shot-gun, pointed at the ground and raised it, aiming it at the target forty paces away and shot, hitting the bulls eye, turning another 90 degrees shot another target that stood 50 yards away, and shot hitting the bulls eye just as she had the first. She spun a complete 180, tossed the gun and pulled out a double edged blade from her boot and with dead accuracy split a hole in the center of the first target. She stood up, grabbing the ninja stars she had holstered in her belt and through them, aiming a millimeter off her knife and threw, it nearly split the handled blade. She did the same to the other target, tossing the other two stars at the same time.  She walked to the first target and looked at her shots. Finally happy with them, she pulled them out and re holstered the weapons. She picked up the gun and slung it over her shoulder and walked into the house she had been raised in. This would be the last time she saw the house. The last time she would be haunted in it. She grabbed her fake ID’s off the kitchen counter and picked up her bags from the table and walked into the garage. She pulled the keys that belonged to her father’s Blazer and tossed her things into the back, underneath the false floor. She was going after the monster that had killed her family. She had trained hard and long. All her yearning for revenge locked away, finally coming free. She was ready. She put the ID’s in the gloved compartment and left the house and never looked back.

                  A few hours out on the road, she stopped in a rest stop and pulled out a map, circling where she was and drawing a line to where she needed to be. She was leaving Fallen Timbers, Missouri and traveling to Lawrence, Kansas. A news paper article she had read said that there had been a disturbance that the local police couldn’t explain. Hunter thought she had knowledge that they didn’t. She folded up the map, filled the tank, checked the oil and headed down the highway. On a long dangerous journey, that one day may end her life.

                  Hunter looked at the map spread across the passenger side. One thing she wasn’t good at was reading a bunch of lines that intersected, but she would deal, eventually she would earn enough money to get one of those fancy gadgets that read the directions to you. She thought for a moment, how would she find the thing that had killed her parents? She couldn’t simply walk into a convenience store and ask for directions to the nearest paranormal killer. Nope that would get her locked away for sure. She had to be smart, had to check the papers, surely if he killed her family he would have killed others. Maybe there were others like her…she wondered.

© 2012 Skyler Warren


Author's Note

Skyler Warren
I am stuck with this story, but this is what I have so far. Please let me know what you think!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would love to read more of this one as well! This is a nice story you have going so far. :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love it. Remind me of Dean Koontz. Maybe jump ahead another week when she arrives? or let us in on more of her history through memories as she travels?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on February 16, 2012

Author

Skyler Warren
Skyler Warren

Garrett, IN



About
I am 16 and love to write and read. I spend most of my free time either with my grandpa or in the barn with my horse. When its nice out I go out riding. I love to watch Bones and Hawii 5-0. And CSI Mi.. more..

Writing