Sophie

Sophie

A Story by Beetle Twist
"

Sophie reveals something to her friends.

"

Sophie took a deep breath, then declared, “I am not human.”


“Thank you, Captain Obvious, we know that. And we’ve known that ever since you accidentally drained a sophomore’s body of its blood.”


“Oh, please! If you’d been in the locker room on day one, you’d have known. For future reference, Sophie, if you want to fit in at an all-human high school, scrape the glowing fungi off of your back first.”


“Um… does the whole school, know, then…?”


“Yes, Sophie. Especially now, with your… condition.”


“It’s, like, totally okay, though! Everyone loves you!”


“Awww… thanks, guys…”


The seven-foot tall humanoid let out a soft sigh, then leaned back in the tiny plastic chair, her skin color shifting slightly blue. Underneath her white shirt, a mesmerizing array of glowing mushrooms grew, a sight the other girls were used to by now. Her stomach was covered by her hands, whose fingers were tipped with three-inch-long, tubular, razor-sharp nails, caked in chocolate and blood.


Without warning, the end-of-lunch bell screamed at the teenagers. Everyone hopped out of their seats quickly.


“Bye, guys,” Sophie said sheepishly. “I’ve, uh, gotta go. Dentist appointment.”


Her four best friends waved goodbye, then headed to their respective classes. Sophie turned away from them and made her way to the exit. “What a bunch of freaks,” she muttered under her breath.

© 2015 Beetle Twist


Author's Note

Beetle Twist
I... I don't know. This took me literally three minutes to come up with and write. Should I continue it, leave it as is or throw any device forced to show it in an incinerator?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow...I mean, wow. Do it, just write it for the hell of it. This sounds like it will be equal parts hilarious and morbid at the same time.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2015
Last Updated on July 11, 2015
Tags: short, weird, needs review, stupid

Author

Beetle Twist
Beetle Twist

About
I'm a human being who likes cats, writing, and unnecessary violence for the sake of comedy. more..

Writing
Balance Balance

A Story by Beetle Twist


Machine Machine

A Chapter by Beetle Twist