Cassie

Cassie

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Will Cassie find him in time?

"

It was an off day for Cassie, and so she willing took to the idea of having Goat Curry for dinner, instead of the usual Saturday fish pie. Other residents were less appreciative.

"Blurgh!" Maisy exclaimed, when Staff Charlotte told the TV room the news, "Goat Curry! It will probably be too spicy for me, and my dentures will rot!" Marcus laughed dryly. "Goat is supposedly very good for the humour," he said, sarcasm etched in his voice. Maisy turned away, her pale, wrinkled face bright with embarassment. She was supossed to be the 'class clown' of the Senior Citizens home.

Harvan shook his head as soon as Charlotte told him. "I can't face that tough sorta meat," he said shakily, pointing a knarled finger to his stomach, "It doesn't do much good for me tumtum."

Cassie simply found Goat Curry an adventure, and she was good at liking them. When dinner time rolled by, Cassie attacked her curry with vigour - it was surprisingly tasty, with a sharp tang to it, and the meat was perfectly cooked. Maisy was devouring her plateful as if she hadn't eaten in days, Harvan was staring at the forkful, wondering why his stomach wasn't writhing with the meat.

The cook, Sasha, came out to talk as usual. "Hey guys," she said cheerily, "I hope you like the goat curry!" Mutterings swept through the room, then settled. "Well, I have news! That stuff is poisoned - you are all slowly dying! In two minutes the whole room will be dead - except me and one other survivor! Wish you got that plate!" Then, Sasha ran from the room, laughter cascading down the corridor.

Maisy was white, Marcus was sobbing into a hankerchief and Cassie was sitting in her seat. She looked at her watch - roughly a minute had passed. She watched the hand click to every place every second... and when five seconds until 5 past seven came, every single resident dropped like flies... including Carrie.

Harvan watched his fellow citizens die with triumph. The plan had worked! He and Sasha were going to be the best serial killers ever! He sat up, and slowly hobbled down the hallway to where Sasha was hiding. She looked at him with eyes alight with pride.

"We did it Dad! We killed the Aliens!"

Harvan smiled with glee. "We certianly did," he told his only daughter, and they walked away - walked away from a room full of innocent humans.

© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Ignore any problems... storyline? Is it good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 22, 2009
Last Updated on October 12, 2009

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing