A Romantic Dinner for One

A Romantic Dinner for One

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

I love it. Very me.

"
She's sitting alone at the two-seater table. Even though it is late evening, her curtains are open. Anyone can see her. She had a heart-shaped face, which is pale and drawn. Her eyes are a beautiful light hazel, but the bags under her eyes make her look tired and overworked. Her heaving shoulders indicate loss, sorrow, loneliness.
Light flickers from three candles in front of her as she daintily eats her meal. A checkered red-and-white tablecloth adorns the table. No place is set opposite her - indeed, there is no chair. She simply sits and eats, content in her own company.
She has eaten a lot of food, but is slowing down. Picking up the bottle of expensive wine, she pours some into a beautifully crafted wine glass. She picks it up gently and put it to her lips.
She is startled by a sneeze, and the force of it pushes the wine glass upon her face - glass shatters and cuts deep into her pale face. Scarlet blood oozes from the gashes. Her fingers are slashed and dripping with blood. She gives a tiny gasp, but doesn't not make a sound. She drops the bottom of the glass, stem still holding on, but it hits the table and stays upright.
She puts her hand on the table angrily, with force. The stem of the wine glass sinks deep into her wrist.
She shrieks in pain, a gut-churning, head-thumping, life-squeezing shriek that vibrates the very bone. Yanking the glass from her wrist, she screams again as the warm blood gushes steadily forth, splattering the remains of her dinner, flooding her lap. The table cloth is now the colour of her blood.
Her bleeding, once-gorgeous face pales to the colour of off-porridge. She staggers up, finds the cordless phone and pushes "1...1..."
She falls to the floor, unconcious, bleeding to her death, her feeble attempts to survive now evidence in her bloody hands.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Grotesque, greusome, I LOVE THIS STYLE!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are just like Brenton, although you were the one who objected to killing him inb the circus. Muhahahahaha.=-P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing