SAT/ACT Prep Creative Writing

SAT/ACT Prep Creative Writing

A Story by Belle Morte
"

This was a story that I wrote for my SAT/ACT Prep class. I will not be editing it b/c I want to keep it in it's original form, even though it says that she supports animal abuse! lol...I'm sure my teacher got a good laugh at that

"

           It had been one year since the events of that morose day. Life had gone on for everyone; everyone except for her, of course. If one thinks about it, it as not hard to see the visible metamorphosis in her closest friends. The events of that fateful day and the days that followed were chaotic, but in the aftermath, her true story was not buried beneath the lies that showed their ugly heads. She was, and always will be, remembered.

            Her name was Arianna, Ari to her friends, and she was, sadly, only seventeen years old. She had lived with her parents, Julia and Adam, on small eleven acre farm in rural Georgia . Julia had seven horsed and everyone knew that Arianna disdained them as they were the reason her parents moved out of the city. But, I digress. There were not many things that Arianna did like. Oh! But the things that she did enjoy, she would give her heart and soul to. To write was her passion, as was acting, singing, dancing, being with her friends, the ones that she cared the most for. In a way, living and loving life was what she was all about.

            She was also substantially opinionated. Arianna had a stance on everything and a fairly lengthy explanation for why she believed what it was the she believed. Gay marriage and rights, abortion laws, animal abuse, and the movement to end world poverty were just a few of the things that she supported profusely. Arianna would scour the lunchroom for a worthy adversary to debate with when she was feeling a furor. She was a challenge but she was loved by most for her tenacity and altruistic personality.

            She cared about people. She really did. Her friends were her true passion, or so she always accentuated to them and the general public. She was always superfluous in her gargantuan generosity to that select group of individuals.  She was always there for them when they were in dire need of comfort and extolling.

            Unfortunately, it was her generous nature that would lead to her uproarious demise. Arianna was not as lucky in love, so to speak, as she was with having her benevolent friends. Arianna loved too easily. She believed in the goodness of people, even though, time after time, she would be jaded by their unrequited love. She challenged them all to really contemplate their beliefs. And in the end, they would look at her with contempt and as slyly as was possible, broke it off with her.

            Unscathed by the rejection, she would move on to the next issue that arose and attack it voraciously. Until the day she first saw him that is. His name is Sean but his story is not important. They had two classes together, as well as lunch. It was quickly discovered that he was as passionate as she with his beliefs, and his love. They soon became friends, and it was obvious to those who watched them together that she really liked him, like him more than just as a friend. It took them three months to admit their feelings for each other, albeit, once they did, they became inseparable. He shared most of the same beliefs as she, and the ones they did not agree upon, was debated furiously between them. It just made them stronger.

            They were together for over a little over a year before tragedy struck. He left her, saying “it’s not you, it’s me”, also claiming the he needed more excitement in his life. Now, do not be mistaken, Arianna may have seemed like an uptight person who never knew when to have fun, but she did and she was always the life of the party. So, it was no surprise when there was a visible change in Arianna. She had loved him and he broke her heart. She refused to talk to anyone after that. Her closest friends grew worried about her and attempted to help her. But, in the end, she was too far gone and she had loved him more.

            On the day of November the fifth, she took her own life. The details are unimportant; no one needs to read of such gruesome things. It is not really understand why she did what she did, or why that one guy was the one to affect her so, he refuses to speak of it. Only her closest know which rumors are true and how she must have felt on the days leading up to her tragic end. Though it is now commonly known that her home life was far from a utopia and that it might have had something to do with it and that she had been clinically depressed. It does not matter now. She had the world at her feet but that does not matter now. All that matters now is that she was loved, that she had cared for everyone, and she is missed.

© 2008 Belle Morte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good. I thought the fact that she supported animal abuse added a bit of humor to the otherwise serious subject. Not too bad!

Posted 16 Years Ago


She supported animal abuse? Nice story but you might want to rephrase that particular sentence lol. Was this for a school piece? im guessing by the SAT in the title. I can only remember writing one such piece at school; we all had to write a western. Would like to write another some day. Was fun. The ending was very sad and reminded me of the film 2:37 from Australia. The girl who takes her own life (to put commit before suicide is a Christianism denoting suicide as being a crime, as a pagan i do not see suicide as a crime so try not to use commit before it - that was long winded. lol.). No one knows why she did it in the movie because they were concentrating on themselves too much and not paying attention to a kind person.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Belle Morte
Belle Morte

Athens, GA



About
My passion is writing but I don't have all that much time to transfer my stuff from paper to the computer. Some of my stories also go along with other, already published books, but only loosely, eit.. more..

Writing
Yes, Sir Yes, Sir

A Poem by Belle Morte