Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Letter to a dearly departed

Letter to a dearly departed

A Story by Belthizor
"

A letter I wrote for my sister in lieu of Samhain

"
Dearest sister,
Beloved are they that knew you, and forever touched they will be. You were a gift, to the worthy. For four years you brought joy and happiness to those who mean everything.

I never got to know you, for you were taken from us before I could, but I know that you are always with me, looking over me, looking after me. Whispering in my heart that everything will be all right. I never knew you, but I miss you deeply, more than anyone can ever know. Words cannot express how I feel, but still I try.

Today is Mother's Day, and today I think of you more. I think of mum and all the joy and happiness your brought to her, I think about how she must be missing you. And though you are not here to give her your gift, I know in my heart that you have already given it. Yours is the gift of Life - this gift is also a message, it says "Don't be sad, for I am well." You have given us more than anyone could ever hope. You gave her us.

I know now you are never truly far away... I know you are gone so that I can be. Yours is truly a gift of remembrance. I remember you always, but none more so than my day of birth... the day you left this world and the day I entered - one year apart.

I remember you and the joy you brought. I remember you through the tales. "Leave behind the sorrow and the pain, remember only the good times"

On this day, like every other, I remember you. I thank you for all you have done. Always remembered. Always in my heart. Always.

Your loving brother,
Sheldon

R.I.P. Kathleen Jasmine 02/02/1981-22/01/1984

© 2011 Belthizor


Author's Note

Belthizor
I welcome all thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very beautiful and touch piece Sheldon. I think you really tapped into your feelings and showed us what you and your family had to go through.
Bravo my friend on a beautiful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011

Author

Belthizor
Belthizor

Melbourne, Australia



About
I've always had an interest in writing, and have tried on multiple occasions to write something of substantiated quality, rarely with success, however, I persevered and, even though, I am studying Wel.. more..

Writing