Legends Of Legna

Legends Of Legna

A Story by The King

CHAPTER ONE

Leanam just stood there, unmoving, numb and cold and watched as the chaos erupted. The screams of his people were deafening and heartbreaking. He watched as another cannonball destroyed yet another house. Hope, was there such a thing? He wondered. He watched in horror as a soldier charged for him. Unable to move, he just stood there and waited for his looming death. What surprised most was that the soldier wore armor of his own land, his own people. Armor of the land of Legna. The soldier was just a few paces away now and let out a battle cry and Leanam just knew that his death had come. He felt cold steel pierce him and he felt pain, pain he had never felt before. But even more painful was that he realized he was wearing the armor of Thal. The only question in his mind now was, “why?”

“Leo, Leo, Leo!” he heard a voice say and he woke with a scream that echoed throughout the dimly light room. His younger brother Cabum had been trying to wake him up. “You were doing it again Leo, you were screaming in your sleep.”

“Sorry,” Leanam replied in a shaky voice.

“Are you okay?” Cabum asked, concerned.

“Yeah, I think so.” Leanam said, not even himself.

Leanam got up, wiped the sweat off his forehead and washed his face with cold water. The sun was just rising on the horizon now.

“Is mom back?” Leanam asked, with a sudden realization.

“No.” Cabum replied, sadly. “She is not back yet.”

Mely, their mother was the only family they had. Their father passed away right after Cabum was born. Leanam was only six when his father died and Cabum was just a baby. Mely worked for a Thalite governor, cleaning his house and other house chores. Although the income wasn’t much, it was enough for her to take care of her two boys. Leanam has grown ever since his father’s death 10 years ago. He burned with indignity at the thought of his mother working for a Thalite. The Thalites are the worst kind of people he had ever seen, he failed to see how some people were so cruel. The Thalites had colonized his country just before he was born. They were the ones who even killed his father after he tried to start an uprising against them but failed and got captured and killed days later. Ever since then, the people of Legna had lost all hope. The Thalites started ruling with an iron fist. They created harsh laws, and even harsher punishments. The only thing keeping him from destroying them was that he had absolutely no sword skills, although he does practice how to fight by himself in his yard.

As Leo walked out of his house, his mind kept reeling from his last dream. He had been having such dreams lately, but this one felt so real, too real.

“Hey, Leo,” he heard a voice snap him out of his thoughts. “We are going to be late.”

Leo turned and immediately recognized who was heading his way. It was his friend, Kub. Leanam and Kub had been friends since childhood.

“Better late than never.” Leo replied, forcing a little smile. As they walked side by side, Kub was towering over Leo with his well-built body. Leo on the other hand was a little shorter and with less muscular features, this was a bit surprising since Leo was the older of the two, by just a few months though.

As they kept on going, the sun was raising, revealing the beautiful features of the village. The two friends lived in a small village on the outskirts of the city. The village was dotted with small low built houses. When the Thalites came, they took everything, even the main city was now out of bounds for ordinary Legnites. It was now a sprawling business hub for Thalites. They even renamed the city, Raey as it was now called, after their leader, the emperor of the entire Thalite Empire, Raey the Supreme.

As they reached the entrance to the city, its magnificent arched golden gate glistened in the sunshine and Leo was in awe by its size. It looked like it had been made by God himself, even though it was the second time seeing it, he was still amazed. This was Leo’s second time entering the city, the first time when he was just a little kid and got chased back to his village by some young Thalite boys little older than him. Leo knew it was Kub’s first time by the look on his face. As they walked, they were dwarfed by the larger buildings of the city. The streets were lined with all kinds of people wearing distinct garb. As they slowly made it through street after street, they finally reached their destiny, the army barracks.

© 2017 The King


Author's Note

The King
Hope the grammar is okay

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on June 4, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: Legends, legna, legnites, leanam, leanum

Author