Story about an isolated paradise (No title yet)

Story about an isolated paradise (No title yet)

A Story by Benjy100
"

I was tasked to write a story without incorporating any characters. I thought I'd post it here since this is the first piece of creative writing I've produced in a long time. Thank you!

"

A single acorn comes into focus, spied through the eyes of no sentient being or mortal. Deep in the inky blackness of the abyssal void that is the universe lies a sole planet. Humble in size and lonely in its orbit around an unremarkable star like a monstrously vast yet isolated hydrogen atom. It's entire surface is coated in an uplifting evergreen shade of paint that upon closer inspection promptly resolves itself into a heavenly kingdom of plants and innumerable forests overruled and allowed to flourish by the forces of nature alone, with no possibility of the exploitation or destruction that so frequently happens on occupied planets.


A single acorn descends majestically from the dizzying heights of a grand old oak tree of unparalleled stature, only to gracefully land and gently roll along the soft, grassy undergrowth. It now sits upright, enshrouded in the purest of green life - healthy and vibrant - after being lovingly caressed and carried adrift by a nurturing wind to grow a suitable distance away from its magnanimous father. Time has no meaning on such a world, it ceases to exist. The acorn grows into a tree rivaling its progeny in size instantaneously - replenishing the beauty of an eternally untainted world and proceeding to continue the unending cycle of such splendor with infinite quickness. All is in perfect balance.


Perhaps the most beautiful things of all are those which lay unobserved, hidden for evermore in the deep expansiveness of space or stored within the soul of an individual gifted with sentience and the powers of intelligent perception - whom externally appears to be insignificant, yet could turn out to hold more beauty in the eyes of another than could even be contained on a completely unexplored world in a unfathomably faraway and deserted realm of existence.

© 2015 Benjy100


Author's Note

Benjy100
I would love to hear what you think of my small piece of writing. I'm very interested in learning the necessary skills required to write better and with more flair. As is mentioned in the description, I was set the challenge of writing a story without including any characters.

Thanks in advance for any comments and words of advice you post!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful write as it has a marvelous theme hidden it it for the reader to explore. Unnoticed talents, acorns, potentials were there for centuries which is a loss, reality and a shame at the same time. It is even more intense when talented ones are disappearing from this earth to tragedies

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your welcome.................

Posted 9 Years Ago


excellent discriptions here. I felt the journey through space to this created solar system of yours. The whole story is a joureny in a way. Hidden potential and talent that never gets to been seen is a tragedy. I see many famous people with not an ounce of talent taking the place of more deserving artists. Sign of the times. top stor though, I Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Benjy, I dont normaly take read requests (even if they are random) unless those who ask have taken the time to do likewise. I did at first nearly just delete your message but since I have not seen you on here before I thought I would give you a chance.
Your discriptions are vivid without a doubt and you have the skill to set the scene, I felt it read more like a poem to me or a persons perspective on a thought about the planet they live on. Very profound if that was your aim. It was good, but I would rather have read a longer piece that shows you can construct a story with flow, charcter building,and good dialouge all the elements needed for a good author. I hope you continue to write.
Take Care
Will

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful write as it has a marvelous theme hidden it it for the reader to explore. Unnoticed talents, acorns, potentials were there for centuries which is a loss, reality and a shame at the same time. It is even more intense when talented ones are disappearing from this earth to tragedies

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
4 Reviews
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 1, 2015
Tags: paradise, universe, space, nature, natural

Author