Our coaxed and costly vow

Our coaxed and costly vow

A Poem by Benny Doyle

Another hour sheds its grace when all we have is time... another soul in lonely space, from heights that we can't climb... we gravitate, we mediate, our youth we beg to hold. we run from time than deviate, and now we're getting old... and by the road where we shook hands, that long lost summer day... demands we claimed as younger men and now it's... time to pay... so, boredom's sleep, we blinded sheep, whose eyes are open now, it wasn't cheap for us to keep our coaxed and costly vow... it's me and you, and just we two, know how and when and where... it wasn't true that I called you, or Robert Plant would care... we count our stacks and pay our tax, we live forever's years... we grind our axe, and cover our tracks, and cry forever's tears... the first to show at my bedside, with contract and a pen... the first to know that I had died, but couldn't get me then... resuscitation of modern times, is that what you came for? the desperation of last year's crimes, you holiest of w****s...you've come again, unwanted friend, my happiest abode...you seek to send, but never lend three paths of your crossroad... you'll see me on the other side? I wouldn't make that bet... i'll be the only man who never died because he hasn't lived life yet...

© 2015 Benny Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem is one of brilliance but it can't bathe in its own beauty, for it is bounded by the way you have written your poem. I recommend you to give thought about line breaking, for it rather feels as if I am reading a story than a poem.

Good job, you have talent :D

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 16, 2015
Last Updated on June 18, 2015

Author

Benny Doyle
Benny Doyle

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
I am Jahziel and writing is my hobby. I also want to improve my writing skills by making a lot of stories and also by expressing myself. I believe that writing is the way to communicate and give meani.. more..

Writing