So, I am basically stealing the title of the well known movie urge everyone to....well pursue happiness!

I think we have all had those days that change your life. Perhaps you have been married, had a baby, graduated..really anything that you as a human being feel significant.

Today was one of those days for me.

Up until this morning I had really felt like I was hitting rock bottom. I could not sleep, I ate but only as a function, and feeling like God or that higher power was really out to stick it to me. I really figured I'd be killing myself within a month or two. Basically its what I had been doing. Drinking, and smoking, not because I wanted to ,but because they were an escape. I wanted to lose myself and I did, but the problem was that I should of been looking for who I really was.

Today my life changed.

How? It was so simple. I stood in front of the mirror in my friends bathroom, and realized that I had never really LOOKED at myself. I would shave but I never looked at myself. I never really knew what I looked like. Isn't that sad? All these years without a face. What could that be saying about the life I was living?! I wanted to die. What would my father say if he were alive? I had felt that I have let him down.

So I climb in the shower hellbent on today being the first day of having goals, reasons to live, and reasons to believe that maybe its not my time to just fade out. Maybe, just maybe its my time to bloom. Maybe all this garbage that lies inside me is just leading to something greater? I began thinking of dreams, and goals, small ones, and eventually worked to bigger ones. Getting a career ect.

Anyways the point of this?

I write this in all actuality asking you to question yourself? Do you know who you are? Do you know what you want? If you don't for heaven sakes please do. Pursue the things that make you happiest. Make something of yourself.

Because today that is exactly what I'm doing, and every day I am allowed to.

God Bless.

Miles.