Mansion

Mansion

A Poem by Miles Wilburn
"

A fun poem about a house.

"
This house is actually a mansion with of many mysteries.
Lets start with the attic since were already here.
See the other familial memories, packed in boxes covered in dust.
The windows that shimmer like stained glass, casting lights and shadows everyplace.

Watch your step down these rickety steps, the weight of the years hasn't been kind.
The layers of wallpaper, fray, spilling off the wall, discolored and tan like a worn map.
The bedrooms spill out in front of us you see.
A family used to live here. A mother and father and the rooms were made for children
But none came
It was rumor that father went insane when he saw his wife strung up in the bathroom,
Or was that the attic..or the basement. Hmph. A bit cold. I apologize.

The bathroom is a cold sterile gray, like the mediocrity of lives, their lives perhaps?
And the stairs down to the den seem to say, slide down my banister its more fun!
And the den has a lions head and boar along the floor, but both have seen better days.
And the fireplace still has the logs from a shimmering fire.
The spiders creep at our feet and you scream and we move to the kitchen.
A light pink paper, greets a white linoleum floor and the cutlery still hangs like before.

And the basement steps descend down like a castle stair to leave,
but oh you don't wanna go down, that's just fine with me
A scream from the basement flows upstairs and we kick the front door and leave.



© 2011 Miles Wilburn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on October 4, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011
Tags: Spooky, Scary, Fun

Author

Miles Wilburn
Miles Wilburn

Sandy Lake, PA



About
Howdy! I'm Miles! I'm a 25 year old college graduate who is now home bouncing around in adulthood limbo unsure of what will come next. I hope you are able to take something with you when you.. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Poem by Miles Wilburn