Author's rights

Author's rights

A Story by Beranger
"

This is not for comments, I have just been scammed from a cosmetic surgery company that made me work as a content writer for free. I just want to make sure I get the rights on this.

"

T. kostková: If I’d known, I’d have been there much sooner

 

I had been considering surgery for a long time before I finally decided to do it. It was a very difficult time during which I was progressively noticing every single year I lived on my face �" a slow and painful degradation against which I had been fighting with all my resources. When something gets in my way, I have to deal with it, which is exactly what I did, despite people around me advising me against it and asking me why I wanted to go to a clinic.

 

But the real question was, why shouldn’t I go there? For two years I had been noticing those bags under my eyes getting darker every day. More than often people would ask me if I’d get enough sleep or if I was suffering from kidney failure, but that couldn’t be it; my son sleeps like an angel in a bed of roses and therefore couldn’t possibly have deprived me of my beauty sleep. Besides, considering my profession, I should say that I am pretty lucky with the amount of time I can afford to sleep. The problem was that my eye bags had an impact on my work because I was too self-conscious. I knew all the time that people noticed them, which distracted me. Concentrating on my speech was getting harder because I was focused on the fact that I wanted people to look me in the eyes instead of under them. My first decision was to go see the great beautician Vlasta Libotovská. According to her, care, nutrition and positive mood are the key factors for a healthy skin. While I entirely agree with her, the damage was already done, and the only thing left that could help me was cosmetic surgery. So I went to see Medicom VIP’s head of surgery Vlastimil Víšek.

 

I asked him if the problem could be with my kidneys, if I should drink more water.

 

Amused by my naïve question, he politely smiled, then gave me his diagnosis.

 

The next step was very quick. They don’t use scalpels for this procedure but a Co2 laser, which is very popular in the USA.

 

I was welcomed at the clinic by a kind and friendly team who answered all my questions […] I was up and about in four days (it took my mother one more day), and I have been, from that day onwards, much happier than I was before. I have recently watched old recordings of me on TV and realised that it was even worse than I thought. My face now looks natural. There is nothing scary about this operation �" it simply consists of removing what is in excess, like taking useless things out of your pockets. Now I look completely normal. I am me and I am still who I was before the surgery. Many thanks again to the whole team of Medicom VIP and their director Mr Víškem, who kindly and professionally took great care of me. I would recommend them without hesitation.

 

Tereza kostková

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Description of the procedure: …no cuts, no scars

 

Scalpel-less Transconjunctival Lower Eyelid Procedure

 

The procedure lasts only 30 minutes. It requires local anaesthesia and the use of a laser scalpel, which, unlike the traditional blade scalpel, does not cut the eyelid but incise it, and therefore does not leave any scar. Transconjunctival laser technology is a great improvement for cosmetic surgery.

 

The operation consists of making an incision across the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid �" or conjunctiva �" with a laser scalpel. Giving you only a blunt feeling, the laser extracts excess fat from the follicles of the eyelid. The excess fat usually comes out about the size of a pea and the eyes are covered to prevent from any damage. The mucous membrane is then glued back so you will not have any stitches, and a Co2 laser is used to resurface the skin, which reduces wrinkles. It is what we call rejuvenation, as it helps skin cells to regenerate. Vaseline is then applied on the lower eyelid in order to protect the skin. The duration of the hospitalisation is twenty four hours. As it takes around seven days for the mucous membranes to recover, it is advised not to work on a computer during that period. The use of eye drops such as Visine is strongly recommended. Physical activities and sunbathing may be resumed after three weeks, but the skin around the eyes needs to stay protected from sunlight with sunglasses for two months.

 

Vlastimil Víšek, plastic surgeon

© 2012 Beranger


Author's Note

Beranger
This is not for comments, I have just been scammed from a cosmetic surgery company that made me work as a content writer for free. I just want to make sure I get the rights on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on April 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012

Author

Beranger
Beranger

Norwich, East Anglia, United Kingdom



About
Studying English has given me a great taste for writing. So far I only have three poems and the beginning of a novel. I hope to write more than this, but my inspiration, my only muse, makes me too mis.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Beranger