Anew

Anew

A Poem by Xavier
"

Just a rant that has some personal and, hopefully, some enlightening and relieving elements embedded into it. Just for when someone is having a bad day,

"
Look at the clock. It's ticking away. 
You've spent enough time on this island of loneliness, festering in self-pity and spoiling both opportunities and the patience of others that keeps your dying hearth alive. Feeling like absolute s**t is side affect of being strong for too long. It creates a pit in your heart that engulfs sterling judgment into an abyss of darkness and thrashes courage straight into Hell. And you've never been so afraid. Not because of what you've done, but what you have to do. The hole you've dug yourself into is so deep and distant from reality that light seems like a foreign and benign concept. Even the demons that populate that hole seem to laugh at it. You've let grief and discontent sew themselves into the seams that keep your mind from exploding, and now they're in every thought, every word and every tear that comes from your polluted body.
But you have to march on.
Silence the whispers and malevolent lies that plague your mind. Fortify and stabilize every relationship and every anchor you have on this world. No longer must you succumb to the tempting and opaque blackness that amplifies pain after briefly alleviating it. You've too much to lose; too many people betting their last dollar on your success. Their cheers and lectures can no longer be blown to the wind, destined to be forever, a fading echo. Their grief outweighs your sorrows, and their love will replace your misery that has bent and broken your spirit.
So you MUST march on!
You MUST swallow your pride so that courage and wisdom may breed clairvoyance. You MUST trust in your ability to handle the everyday pressures of your current reality. You MUST dance with the DEVIL and invite your demons to dine. You must seldom bend to the will of your devious remorse. You journeyed on your own and fell captive to Corruption and Dismay which rendered you isolated and darkened. Remember, you will only be set free by the passing by of Time.
So march, in the general direction of On.
So embark anew, arm and ready. For now, you bare the pistols of Purpose that are loaded with perseverance. You are accompanied by the friendly faces and feel the warm and firm grip of the hands that have always pulled you up whenever you fell down. With a smile as the conduit for your triumph, and the ground as your reward.
So march on.
Stop spoon-feeding yourself these lies that leave a sour taste in your conscious that will continue to grow until it eventually encumbers you. You've asked for help, now show everyone and yourself that you're worth the effort.
So just, march on. 
The world is waiting for
You.

© 2015 Xavier


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on December 11, 2015
Last Updated on December 11, 2015

Author

Xavier
Xavier

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
-23 I don't consider myself to be an avid writer, nor do I think myself to be professional in ANY matter, but I do have an interest in literature and the liberation I feel when I convey my demons and.. more..

Writing
Just For Me Just For Me

A Story by Xavier


Distant Distant

A Poem by Xavier