Holding On Until The Next Moment

Holding On Until The Next Moment

A Story by Daniel Winters
"

Just my take on time, and a realistic romance First draft, so there's still changes to be made

"
The bed was warm and the night had already ended. The darkness crept in, leaving only her dark green eyes shining through, lit by the soft moonlight. The wind swept around the house they lived in, just enough to mute the sounds of the world outside.  His memory filled in the darkness; every gentle contour and delicate blemish of her face. Her eyes never left his; they never had had and he hoped they never did. There had always been something about her eyes; her eyes had told him that she loved him way before her sweet voice. 
A passing car's headlight illuminated the room fir a brief moment; the light passed over the clothes strewn around the room, and the pictures of themselves together; alone and smiling. The light swept the room slowly, before leaving them in that soothing darkness he loved so much. 
'I want this to last forever', she said. She read it in a poem she thought she understand once.
'I can't give you forever', he said; turning away as her smile turned to a quiet laugh to a confused frown .'All I can give you is this moment', he said softly, with his arms behind his head, ruefully looking up at the ceiling, still hearing the wind outside. 'But I'll try',he said turning towards her and softly taking her hand, 'to make this moment last for as long as possible', squeezing her hand, and looking into those dark green eyes. 
'I guess I'll just hold on to this moment', she said drawing closer to him, 'until this moment ends; and the next one begins', as they held each other in the soft moonlight, listening to the wind outside.  

© 2010 Daniel Winters


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010

Author

Daniel Winters
Daniel Winters

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
Just a quiet guy, who likes loud stuff. Im proud to be Out of Step more..

Writing