Purity of Heart

Purity of Heart

A Story by Bilal2
"

A write-up on simplicity and purity of heart along with two super-short stories highlighting different perspectives on purity of heart and simplicity

"

SIMPLICITY!!!!!!!!! A quality or condition of being easy to understand. The question is, is life meant to be simple in nature or as things are today, it’s meant to be messy and complicated. Are we subduing and ignoring the simplicity and beauty of our lives and are focusing more on the complications? The answer is a YES. I agree that life has several different variables that can make it look complicated. A person with low materialistic means will have a different set of complications compared to someone who possesses materialistic wealth. Below are two different perspectives �"


Faheem, a young boy of 20, living in rural Ghana in West Africa could barely eat a proper meal a day. With no family to care for him and to live with, he started working in a local tea shop, serving tea to the locals, mainly laborers, who came for a refreshing beverage after a tough and grueling working session. The owner of the tea shop, needed a pair of hands to help him out at the shop and so took Faheem in, providing him food and a place to sleep.


Faheem was lost in his thoughts most of the time, although he diligently went through he motions of serving the customers in the shop. “How would my life have been if my parents were alive?” he thought to himself, as his gaze drifted onto a local school kid holding his fathers’ hand. “I could have gone to school, learnt the ways of the world and could have become something in life”, he though, just as the owner of the shop instructed him to get started on washing the empty tea glasses. “I’m here in this world for a reason and I know that the Being who created this world has a plan for me and I will not loose hope or become bitter”, he told himself.


Although Faheem was materialistically poor, he had a rich imagination and an even greater hope that wherever the tide of life takes him, he will not loose hope. He had one thing going for him, which was that he had a pure and simple heart. He did not let his harsh circumstances effect and stain his heart.


Faheem’s story is a brilliant example of keeping things simple, having a pure heart and to never lose hope. But the question is what does it mean to keep the heart pure and clean? I believe it’s about being positive, hopeful and to not let negativity affect you. Easier said than done, but it’s something to aspire for.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Faisal was a typical city boy in the ultra-modern capital of Pakistan, Islamabad. His family, being quite influential and wealthy, he had all the materialistic comforts a common Pakistani boy could hope for. He went to the best schools in Islamabad and hung out with the kids of some of the most powerful men and women in Pakistan.

“Dad, I need to get that new video game, all my friends from school have it”, he told his father during dinner time. Faisal, you just bought one last week and you want another one?” his dad retorted back. “You need to value what you already have and learn a bit of contentment”, his dad continued. This didn’t go down well with Faisal, and he screamed, saying, “You never listen to what I need. All my friends have it”, and he abruptly left the dinner table and went to his room and slammed the door shut.


The above is a clear example of people with a lot of materialistic wealth, are never satisfied. Their hearts are never content with what they have, and they want more to plug the hole in their hearts.

At the end of our lives, we will never be able to take back any of this materialistic wealth. The only thing that will matter is the beauty of our souls.

 

 

 

 

© 2020 Bilal2


Author's Note

Bilal2
would love to know about the content and structure

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on February 17, 2020
Last Updated on February 17, 2020
Tags: Purity of heart, simplicity

Author

Bilal2
Bilal2

London, London, United Kingdom



About
I'm Bilal and I'm fairly new to writing. I mostly write about philosophy and about the realities of life in general. more..

Writing