Eventually

Eventually

A Story by Gnost
"

A "brief" understanding about how the world works, according to my mind

"
It was no divine command that started everything, neither a bang. It was nothing of unfamiliar or mysterious, no matter what they taught us of how it occured. The universe, not just our feeble world, begun aeons ago. Those dust-like objects, or stardusts gathered, colliding with one another, expanding on exponential rate which lies beyond our wildest comprehension. Though, on a feeble mind like our kind, they looked as if they're exploding, but in fact, they do not. The explosion occured, as if those celestial rubble moved slower than any gastropods on our world. About 13 billion years ago, the world took the shape as we know.

Do they occured continuously, or do they stop the moment our predecessors walked the earth ? I cannot really tell. Well-spoken answer off these conundrum was that the world is, was and will progress. Of course, there is a pattern of these phenomenon, yet we lacked the resource to understand what was the main cause of these progress. Will there be a time where every single thing stopped to move? Who knows. But in my feeble mind, i do know that this world do not stop at all. Everything is circulating and fading at the same time.

We existed on these world hundred thousand years ago, at least. And for hundred thousand years our species occupied the land, wandering over and over, obeying the laws of the nature, yet unaware of its existence. They moved on, searching for food, better land to exploit, or something beyond. We looked for shelter, warmth and the best way to maintain our offspring. It was simple. But when it comes to make a living, our brain proposed fear and uncertainty. We struggled so hard to love the day that we forgot about death, the process in which our consciousness fading.

Religion was established to promote order to these problem. Back in the time we lacked understanding about many things, divination provides all the answers. But now, as we gazed upon the rumbling thunder and the stormy seas, it was not divine wrath evoked by our mind, it was natural phenomenon. It wasn't the peace of mind that religion provided, it was ignorance. Nature don't lie, we do. Still, there lie mysteries unknown to us, like, where do we go when we die? Some believe that there'll be life after death, the afterlife, heaven, hell or something similar that those who lived will get into. Those who did not live the way the religious did, will suffer, tortured if i may say, on an endless cycle till their punishment time passed. And when i realized that the world do not stop, it bloomed on my feeble mind, the fear of death. I was a man shaped by religious values, of course it influenced me. As for now, as a man of doubt, it is not the afterlife persecution or salvation, but the fear of purposeless life.

As i stated above earlier, nature don't lie, we do. It was pure arrogance, but a rather logical thoughts. If there are no afterlife or the judgment day, i'm quite safe. But if there is, i will be tortured. I do not see that my statements are pure rational, but somehow, deep in my heart i know that i cannot believe in such nonsense anymore.
It is natural to experience fear. But fear may bring good and bad results. We can conquer and progress, or drown and regress in our fear. Fearing death and accepting that i will die eventually is natural for me, and i have nothing to say against that.

The world started as we are able to comprehend the world and its inhabitant. We perceive the world with our senses, and that's evolutionary necessary. Some might have lesser or more sense than others, but that how the progression work. It was no perfection that we need to survive, it was adaptation. There are limbless, mindless, even lifeless. Understanding that will bring us to a better state of mind. If we're not long for the world and we do not try hard enough to exist, we're finished. And all living being possess the equal chance, that is why we need to help each other. Eventually, mankind will exist or vanished, but if nature deemed it's necessary, so it will be. We may have to move to another planet, another stars, universe or someplace else where we can lay low, progressing with this world.

© 2017 Gnost


Author's Note

Gnost
completely confusing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 8, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017
Tags: poetry, fantasy, celestial, nature

Author

Gnost
Gnost

Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia



About
A wanderer, wandering the wonders of the world. more..

Writing